|01-08-2014 02:35 PM|
|Liesje||If you truly got food poisoning, you should get it confirmed by the health dept. They would need to track down where it came from and do recalls where appropriate. I see people throw around "food poisoning" a lot but I really don't think it's common. Usually if there is an issue with a food source it is caught before people get sick and the product is recalled or people are warned. It seems that spinach and sprouts are more commonly contaminated than meat or eggs.|
|01-06-2014 11:13 PM|
I have been feeding raw for 7 years now and have never gotten sick - and we probably aren't the cleanest in the world. The only time I have ever had food poisoning was from drinking water (tap water) at a friends cabin that somehow for contaminated.
Sent from Petguide.com Free App
|01-06-2014 04:51 PM|
New virus more contagious, spreads more quickly than most - CBS 5 - KPHO
There's a relatively new virus in the U.S., and it's getting a lot of notice from researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
According to the CDC, norovirus causes your stomach and intestines to become inflamed, giving you stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting. This can, in turn, lead to dehydration and, ...
|01-06-2014 04:50 PM|
|huntergreen||zeeva, i don't eat raw, thats how careful i am when cooking our dinner. feel better.|
|01-06-2014 04:46 PM|
|01-06-2014 04:44 PM|
|wolfy dog||Never had a problem.|
|01-06-2014 04:42 PM|
|huntergreen||ziva, anything is possible. i am very careful when i cook chicken. after cleaning the kitchen i wipe down the counter and faucets with bleach. i also wear disposable plastic gloves while handling the raw chicken. i don't use antibiotic soap, as imho, that lowers our natural immune response and is one of the many causes for antibiotic resistance.|
|01-06-2014 04:23 PM|
No. I think it is from something you either ate or have a stomach flu. My husband and I are just recovering from the flu, and a business friend was sick to his stomach Christmas night with a bug.
When handling any raw food, I immediately wash my hands and I feed in bowls or plates that I can put in the dishwasher to get sanitized.
|01-06-2014 04:13 PM|
I guess I have have always been a bit confused about contracting food poisoning via feeding raw. Since I am fairly new to the raw diet approach for my latest pooch, I have predominately ground everything up including chicken bones, turkey bones, chicken necks and backs etc. Most recently, I have started to let her crunch down beef rib bones however. Point being, I end up with a 50 lb plus container of raw ground up meat, bone and organ concoction which I end up mixing with my hand and arm..past my elbow ( to get all the way to the bottom of the bucket ), so I have this raw blend all over me by the time I am done. I have yet to experience any health issues from handling all this raw meat...knocking on wood.
But here's the thing...when I make her raw food, I handle it just as I would for any raw meat I would consume myself so in this respect, I fail to see any difference related to getting food poisoning. Yes, I have heard some say " well, you can get it ( food poisoning ) after your dog eats and then might lick your face....." I suppose it could happen but have yet to experience this as well.
I would think with a basic sanitary protocol as one would practice with prepping their own raw meat for consumption, one should be just fine.
Here's to you feeling better quickly,
|01-06-2014 03:51 PM|
|Glacier||Yeah, there's a new bug going around. The entire third floor of the assisted living facility I work at had a really bad case of it. Oddly enough floor one and two were fine. I think they ordered some bad take out.|
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|