|10-07-2013 10:12 PM|
I'm so sorry. I know it's a hard decision but for him, it is the kindest. <3
Sent from Petguide.com Free App
|10-06-2013 08:49 AM|
I'm so very sorry, but I think your doing the right thing to end his suffering
The other puppies may not be having issues now, but who knows down the road?
I'm so sorry for you and him
|10-06-2013 08:08 AM|
|aca5207||My poor baby has gotten so progressively worse so fast. Regretfully, we are putting him down on Tuesday. Its disturbing because he is so young but I guess at this point it has become a quality of life issue and the meds are not working. If he is moving, he is ripping holes in his own body and crying out. Poor baby had a good run and this is the end. I have never experienced anything like this and am in shock; I am especially in shock since this pup came from one of the best known breeders on the island and all of the mass amount of vets tell me all of his multiple problems are genetic. I know some other pups from the liter with no problems, bad sip from the gene pool I guess. Poor little boy. Thanks for the help. Not sure what else to say, poor, poor baby.|
|09-23-2013 08:30 PM|
|JakodaCD OA||an mri is very expensive, the vet should have done xrays to get a more definitive diagnosis, or atleast said, "Yes if you'd like to go to a neuro I'll refer you"..|
|09-23-2013 08:23 PM|
We don't really have a regular vet as I have been jumping him from one vet to the next for further opinions. They all want him put down. I asked for xrays but the last vet just kept saying no, there is no hope or point in that and he couldn't let us waste our money in good faith when he knew other wise. I googled and saw it was an anti inflammatory as well and so now I am just not sure why that would have any effect. I did read it mimics a hormone produced by the body though and so I wonder if the effect is not that they want more of that hormone to balance him. I have a list of questions to ask when we go back for the follow up. If I see no change by the follow up I am going to try another vet. We asked if we should go to nuero for this and the vet said no because the test for this, which he wouldnt really give a name just a neuro disease resulting is poor wiring, is not always accurate and so no matter the results they are going to say try this med for 30 days and let us know if it works. So rather than doing all that he said it was best to just skip it. I should ask for a MRI though, I've started looking for another vet. So we have one lined up already at the end of this trial med.
|09-23-2013 07:29 PM|
|09-23-2013 07:26 PM|
|09-23-2013 06:37 PM|
Not sure where you are located, but if your regular vet is saying Neuro, I would ask for a referral to a neurologist. This poor puppy is suffering. I know you are doing your best and I hope the medicine works.
I think you said you were given Dexamethasone? That is a steroid, which will help with inflammation. But there are a lot if other drugs that may help with the bad neural wiring. I think a Neurologist would be the next step. An MRI might be able to tell you if his croup angulation is causing impingement in the nerves. It is pretty significant.
I feel for you and your puppy and I really hope it works out of you.
Sent from Petguide.com Free App
|09-23-2013 06:20 PM|
Ive actually contacted someone about that this weekend and an waiting to hear back. Someone in a GSD group on the island took their dog for pain and it helped. resources can be limited on the island so it is a surprise we have that. They also do acupuncture. So I am looking into both.
|09-23-2013 06:18 PM|
|aca5207||I really agree with you. They said it is nuero. I think at the end of this trial on the meds I will go for another opinion if they dont work instead of euthanizing him like they want.|
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|