|08-12-2013 08:03 PM|
|Nigel||I wouldn't be too concerned, Benadryl is fine to help in case of a reaction. Mine are Hunters of everything that flys, bees, hornets, and yellow jackets are their favorite. Needless to say they get stung occasionally, never had a problem, just keep an eye on him.|
|08-12-2013 08:00 PM|
|Gretchen||I've given my dog a 25mg tablet and icing is a good idea. Not much else you can do. It might make him a bit sleepy.|
|08-12-2013 07:54 PM|
|jang||OMG on Fri I got stung by a wasp right on the tip of my nose...IT HURT SO BAD I CRIED LIKE A BABY..In hindsight I am a little embarrassed that i cried so hard..but ****, it hurt...benedryl is the best way to go...Although my sinus membranes were swollen shut for the whole night..poor baby for your dog..This hurts!!!|
|08-12-2013 07:40 PM|
I have given my 75# two adult benadryls for a sting, via my vet's suggestion.
It did stay swollen for a day or so..I also iced it..
|08-12-2013 07:38 PM|
Stung by bee
My german shepherd was stung in the face today by a bee. He pawed it for a little and I noticed it swelling around his eye. I gave him some children's Benadryl. He is acting fine. Should there be worry? It was well over an hour ago and he has not got worse but still swollen. Please let me know!