German Shepherd Dog Forums - Reply to Topic

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thread: Honest answer from breeders please.. Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Trackback
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces):
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
06-15-2014 08:26 PM
Moriah Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Red. I have learned that a good decision is one that is best for everyone involved. Sounds like passing on this pup is best for Red and your husband and you. GSD puppies are exhausting in and of themselves, and when you have an ailing dog, I imagine the stress of meeting both dogs needs will be high.

I wish you the very best.
06-15-2014 08:18 PM
Charlie W I rang the breeder and she was very understanding and sweet about the whole thing. I still feel bad for her and I hope I don't regret my decision because I waited so long for this pup, but I think it'll be better to wait and not bring a puppy into a stressful environment. Added to that, the vet has said that Red will have to be kept trauma free for at least 2 weeks when he comes home... Not an easy task with a 2 year old GSD and a puppy.. It'll be hard enough to stop him from romping with Norah!
06-15-2014 04:22 PM
onyx'girl I agree with Katieliz. I don't understand why the breeder should make you feel guilty or pressured about not taking a pup. There must be other buyers in the wings.... if this breeder is of good reputation. If not, don't let it worry you that you 'letting the breeder down'. The puppy and Red are what is most important in all of this. You are being very responsible in your decision.
I hope Reds recovery goes smoothly.
06-15-2014 03:41 PM
Charlie W
Quote:
Originally Posted by katieliz View Post
i am not a breeder but just want to say that (imho), you are absolutely doing the right thing and listening to your inner voice and honoring that. i think it's a remarkably strong thing to do and unquestionably right. again just imho.

all good thoughts and quick healing energy to Red. take care.
Thank you so much for your kind words. I feel awful but I think it wouldn't be fair on Red to have the stress of a newcomer in the house when he's feeling fragile, and I want to be happy about our next pup when we get it, not feeling exhausted!
06-15-2014 02:40 PM
katieliz i am not a breeder but just want to say that (imho), you are absolutely doing the right thing and listening to your inner voice and honoring that. i think it's a remarkably strong thing to do and unquestionably right. again just imho.

all good thoughts and quick healing energy to Red. take care.
06-15-2014 02:23 PM
Charlie W
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
I wouldn't like this attitude at all ", the breeder wants the pup gone by the end of the week"
She has a few dogs and does Schutzhund, she says that she can't start work on her pups with the extra one as they will become "too doggy"? I might be wrong here, but I got the feeling that when I told her about Red she suspected I might not collect the puppy as planned and wants to pin me down to a timeframe. It's just added another pressure which is a bit too much to think about at the moment! I haven't broached the subject of her keeping it longer for me. To be honest, at the moment I couldn't commit to a timescale. It's been an exhausting, emotional roller coaster of a weekend, and I still have a very sick dog. Also I took time off to be around full time for the new pup so I don't really want to get him older and when I'm back at work. It all feels like the wrong time now and I might have to rethink in a few months..
06-15-2014 02:08 PM
carmspack I wouldn't like this attitude at all ", the breeder wants the pup gone by the end of the week"
06-15-2014 01:59 PM
lalachka
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
One buyer, embarrassed by her personal situation, backed out the morning that she was to pick up the pup, but just said she changed her mind, trainer did not like the pup....that was when non refundable clause was used....her trainer owned the sire....and 2 years later told me what happened....too late.

Lee


Lee, what do you mean 'too late'? Too late for you to be able to forgive her or...?


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
06-15-2014 01:50 PM
Charlie W Thanks for the responses, I certainly don't expect the deposit to be returned, the breeder wants the pup gone by the end of the week. I'm not able to drive the 12 hr round trip to get him as I don't want to leave Red at the vet longer than I need to and I think he'll need me here when he comes home. Luckily I don't have to work for 2 weeks, I took time off for the new puppy.. The alternative is to arrange a flight but I'd have to do that today. I don't feel it's the right thing to do given that Red will not be feeling great when he gets he and having an 8 week old puppy around will be stressful for him. Added to that's husband has gone cold on the puppy idea because of the huge bill that's coming our way for Red
06-15-2014 10:51 AM
wolfstraum Have had people have overwhelming things come up when they had paid a deposit on a puppy.....things happen....either I hold onto the pup for a few weeks or send back their deposit - as long as I know what has happened! One buyer, embarrassed by her personal situation, backed out the morning that she was to pick up the pup, but just said she changed her mind, trainer did not like the pup....that was when non refundable clause was used....her trainer owned the sire....and 2 years later told me what happened....too late.

In your case, sure, I would not hold you to a sale...

Lee
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com