|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|02-28-2014 08:22 AM|
|JeanKBBMMMAAN||If you are on the Philly side of the state, I'd go to UPenn. Central or west, Cornell.|
|02-27-2014 11:08 PM|
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
How old is your dog?
where are you located (general - country and area)?
Is she receiving anything else from the vet prior to this fever... like recent vaccine
|02-27-2014 10:33 PM|
|Mary Beth||Would it be possible for the vet to give you one dose of any new medication so you can see if Greta has a reaction?|
|02-27-2014 08:23 AM|
reaction to antibiotics
my dog had a high fever and was lethargic, she also had infected sores on her. took her to the vet and they put her on baytril. after about 5 days we got the fever to break but her face and lips swelled up bad. i stopped the baytril. vet sent greta for an ultrasound. she had fluid in the chest, enlarged liver and lymphnodes in the chest. waiting on biopsy results. she already has e.p.i.. she is on prednisone to reduce swelling, lasix to prevent fluid buildup. swelling went down eventually but vet said there was still a bacterial infection so he prescribe new antibiotic, azithromycin. i gave her 1 dose and face and lips are swelling again. any info or suggestions on this are greatly appreciated.i have a growing collection of expensive pills that are useless to me and greta