German Shepherd Dog Forums - Reply to Topic

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thread: Help!! (medical emergency for mice poison!) Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Trackback
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces):
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
02-13-2014 06:18 PM
Airman1stclass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear L View Post
If not much is ingested he should be ok for that hour. I read some rat poison the dog won't show symptoms for many days which is bad because when it does it may be too late. My dog ate it over night and I discovered the neon poop the next morning and it was too late to induce vomiting then but he made it. He showed no symptoms. This is a 10 lbs dog.

If he ingested any, I think the vet has a way to tell by measuring the K levels or something in his blood stream.
This guy is also about ten pounds. Its a pomeranian. So much energy for such a little dog
02-13-2014 06:16 PM
Airman1stclass
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedad View Post
i'm thinking after an hour he would be sick. i'm glad you went to the Vet.
where was the mice poison?
In the corner of the house between the stove and wall. We had forgotten it was there. Good news is they said when he vomited it was only a couple green dots. So there should be no worries
02-13-2014 06:02 PM
Bear L If not much is ingested he should be ok for that hour. I read some rat poison the dog won't show symptoms for many days which is bad because when it does it may be too late. My dog ate it over night and I discovered the neon poop the next morning and it was too late to induce vomiting then but he made it. He showed no symptoms. This is a 10 lbs dog.

If he ingested any, I think the vet has a way to tell by measuring the K levels or something in his blood stream.
02-13-2014 05:53 PM
doggiedad i'm thinking after an hour he would be sick. i'm glad you went to the Vet.
where was the mice poison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman1stclass View Post
We just made it to the emergency room. Its been almost an hour. Hopefully everything will be ok. We're not even sure if he actually ate any, all the pieces he dropped out of his mouth are whole.
02-13-2014 05:13 PM
misslesleedavis1 Glad you made it in
02-13-2014 05:04 PM
Airman1stclass We just made it to the emergency room. Its been almost an hour. Hopefully everything will be ok. We're not even sure if he actually ate any, all the pieces he dropped out of his mouth are whole.
02-13-2014 04:56 PM
Twyla Be sure you know the brand of the poison. Some companies are using a new formula which does not have a treatment for it yet.

Additional info:

Mouse and Rat Poison - Toxicity in Dogs and Cats

Found an earlier link regarding this: http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites...paign=20130524
02-13-2014 04:53 PM
David Taggart You can make him vomit right now, I did it many times with my previous dogs. Anything you need is salt, a little of water and large syringe. If you don't have a syringe do it manually, making clots of salt, pushing right down the throat and avoiding the tongue. Don't be afraid to put too much. Cut your nails in avoidance of scratching your dog's tender throat
How to Make a Dog Vomit - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com
02-13-2014 04:27 PM
Blanketback Emergency vet might be after hours only, so try the nearest clinic to you now. I hope this turns out to be nothing, but don't risk it - go to the vet. Good luck!
02-13-2014 04:23 PM
misslesleedavis1 Vets straight away,
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com