|01-08-2014 07:54 PM|
|Nigel||You got a much better price than us . Our choices for veterinary dentistry are limited. Outside of something unusual happening, I'd bet Gunners tooth will hold up no problem, others here have had the same thing done and it holds up fine.|
|01-08-2014 07:01 PM|
Post Procedure Report
I took Gunnar to a Veterinary Dentist today to see about his tooth. I was told that if left untreated that the tooth would die and infection would set in leading to obvious issues.
We went ahead with a root canal, which went fine, and his remaining tooth is now filled with a sealant and capped with a hard substance to seal the tooth and smooth the rough edges of the broken tooth. Hopefully this is a permanent fix which cost us a day out of our lives and about $1,100.
Thanks for your insight Nigel.
|12-30-2013 01:29 PM|
|Nigel||With the pulp exposed like that It will probably abscess. It will either need to be pulled or RC. Ours blew out her canine in June, it had to hurt, but if she had her way we would of kept playing, he needs to see the doggy dentist.|
|12-30-2013 12:50 PM|
Gunnar broke a tooth. Not sure how, but this is how it looks now. the intact side and the broken side:
If I take him to the Vet, what do you suspect they will do about this?
If I don't take him in, what might potentially happen?
The tooth does not seem to be sensitive. I can touch it and tap it with my finger nail and he does not respond in any way at all. And he has not