|08-29-2013 09:01 PM|
|JakodaCD OA||sounds like a plan! Good luck with the appt|
|08-29-2013 09:00 PM|
We see Dr. Peter Schwarz, in a few weeks during our trip with Emma to Santa Fe and the parks near by. Will know more once she has that exam. They will sedate her and take better x-rays.
I also have talked to several PT vets about recovery and issues. There may be a wait and see option depending on the information we get from Dr Schwarz.
Thanks for the thoughts everyone.
|08-17-2013 12:40 PM|
Second opinion is that a TPO may be an option, but he needs radiography X rays to be sure. Never heard of these. THR is also and option, but I need to wait until she is at least 10 months.
Right now she is showing no signs of discomfort, other than the bunny hop while running. Still does the zomeies around the yard and house when she get excited and easily gets up on the couch and bed - even though she knows better. It may be the soft cushion she loves.
I am going to get her a larger soft sleeping bed soon. Right now she has her dog cave under our bed
|08-10-2013 11:27 PM|
|POWERSCOL||Thanks everyone. I should hear Monday from the other vet.|
|08-10-2013 04:18 PM|
|Heidigsd||Arycrest...a few years back I was going to get Heidi's Tramadol from a compounding pharmacy because she hated the pills. It was very expensive and I ended up not getting it, if I remember correctly around $120 per month.|
|08-10-2013 04:06 PM|
|08-10-2013 03:49 PM|
|08-10-2013 01:27 PM|
Keith - look for a vet that does laser therapy. You may be able to replace the pain pills and spend about $40-$50/mth on laser instead.
Who does your vet recommend for an ortho?
|08-10-2013 01:07 PM|
Novox® Caplets (Bio-equivalent of Rimadyl®)
|08-10-2013 10:44 AM|
I don't know Dr. Schwarz personally but he came highly recommended when I lived in New Mexico. I hope that helps a little bit.
Good luck with Emma
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|