Ultimate Air Dogs titling vs UKC titles - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default Ultimate Air Dogs titling vs UKC titles

I know that you don't have to be a UKC member to participate. I'm wondering though about titling with UAD and UKC- specifically:

1. Does Ultimate Air Dogs have their own titles that are totally separate from the UKC titles? What are these titles called? I can't find any info on them.
  2. Once registered with the UKC, do existing jumps for the season apply to earning UKC titles? For example, we have three registered jumps this year that meet the Junior requirements. If I was to register and then jump two more jumps- would we earn the UJJ title, or would I only have two legs "officially" earned for that title?

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
High Jinks vom Neuanfang - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
wildo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

As far as I know the titles are the same. If the dog is UKC registered and you pay the fee (not sure if they are still doing this? I used to have to pay $10 extra to transfer titles), then they will show up on UKC pedigrees. UAD is notoriously slow at issuing their titles so I just count my jumps and give my dogs the title I still don't have a "title" (certificate) from LAST year's Premier (ETA: He's on the title spreadsheet but we never received anything). If you are not interested in UKC pedigrees then I wouldn't bother with transferring the titles. You still earn them from UAD whether UKC recognizes them or not.

The importance of this is for people doing Total Dog. UAD competition now counts towards Total Dog awards. A Total Dog has to qualify in performance events *and* win their class in conformation at the same event.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Last edited by Liesje; 06-20-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

That's super helpful Lies! I thought that was the case, but I wasn't quite sure. I decided to head to Lancaster, OH this weekend to try to wrap up the UJJ title. I'm cutting it really close because two 400+ mile trials in the same pay period is definitely a strain on my training budget. So I'm not going to spend the night there. Just heading on Sunday for two total spashes, and hope she jumps 10+ feet in both (I think she will).

I'd really like to earn that UJJ title since I'd like to get her enrolled in a local dock jumping class. Hopefully with the class experience, I can get her into the senior jumping range. If I can get some lift on her (she jumps SOOOOO flat) then I think she could maybe get there.

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
High Jinks vom Neuanfang - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
Old 06-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I happened to send the same question to the UKC and got this response:

Quote:
The UAD does have there own titles that are separate from UKC titles and
the Jumps that they have already recorded do not count for UKC titles.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Go for it! I think she'll do really well with some training. Pan is in the same boat, so to speak. The frustrating thing is that I really have nowhere to train other than dry land jumping which never translates directly to the competition platform and pool, but in August we head to the cottage for two weeks where I can train this all day. Unfortunately the cottage is always *after* the UKC Premier so Pan's already earned that title with no training and by the time the 2013 Premier rolls around and they are excited to jump again, training from August 2012 is a distance memory for the dog!
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)

Old 06-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I was absolutely in the same boat- which is why I didn't register with the UKC in the first place. My thought was- how can I be competitive if I have no place to train?? But now that there's a local facility with a permanent pool- I'd like to have a go. I mean- she's jumping 10' + with practically no training. I'd hope that with *some* training I could get her into the 15-16' range. I think that's totally reasonable.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'll have to steal some training tips. I think Pan could at least jump one division higher. His best jump so far was over 14" and that was early on in the weekend, so he probably had less than six jumps total under his belt. Nikon is what he is, lol. I let him jump for fun and he makes a big splash which the kids like. He's got no ups and it's not unique to dock diving, no matter what we do the main critique is the lack of power from the rear (agility instructor told me this, conformation people told me this, it's painfully obvious dock-diving).
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)

Old 06-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

I wonder if we saw anybody from this board at Premier, we just got home (to GA) a few days ago!
marbury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I was there on Saturday. We jumped in the 11am and 12pm spashes.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

I was there Thurs, Fri, and Sat
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.