German Shepherds Forum banner

Memorial Day Thoughts

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Castlemaid 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wishing you all a thoughtful Memorial Day and Weekend. It is time to think about those who served and died in that service, thanking and memorializing them deeply. Of course there are many many dogs that have served and died along side of these men and women. A thought out to them because we know the deep bond that makes them that special.

I also wanted to make you aware that while laws require US military dogs be brought back home, the same protections do not cover military contractor dogs. There have been some horrific stories about the treatment of these dogs. Currently there are languishing and mistreated in the Middle East, forgotten and treated as trash by the contractors that brought them there.

(Removed by ADMIN - No soliciting for any reason of any kind)

Thank you for hearing me out.

#2 ·
When my Dad was stationed in Korea the soldiers were "adopted" by stray dogs.They fed them,let them ride along in the jeeps and tanks,slept with them.This is my Dad with his favorite dog Kim.

Attachments

#4 ·
I guess the problem I have with this is that companies took these dogs there -they made money on these dogs-when they do that they should be responsible for bringing these dogs home. The military cares for their dog-contractors should also be forced to do that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.