Bart - Navy Seal Dog Killed in Afganistan - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bart - Navy Seal Dog Killed in Afganistan

Navy SEAL Team 6 Military Dog And His Handler Killed in Afghanistan | i Love Dogs

https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Me...588058?sk=wall

On August 6, 30 service members including a military dog were killed when their Chinook helicopter was shot down by a rocket-propelled grenade in Afghanistan.
Tragically, 22 of those killed were members of the Navy SEALs and several were part of the famous SEAL Team 6 unit that took down Osama bin Laden earlier this year with another military dog named Cairo.
According to latimes.com, “SEAL Team 6 is divided into numerous detachments that rotate into Afghanistan. The SEALs who killed Bin Laden were handpicked and considered the top members of the unit.”
Wavy.com states that SEAL Team 6 member John “Jet Li” Douangdara and his military dog, Bart, were among those who were killed in the attack.
Douangdara worked as the lead dog handler for his unit, reaching the title of On August 6, 30 service members including a military dog were killed when their Chinook helicopter was shot down by a rocket-propelled grenade in Afghanistan.
Tragically, 22 of those killed were members of the Navy SEALs and several were part of the famous SEAL Team 6 unit that took down Osama bin Laden earlier this year with another military dog named Cairo.
According to latimes.com, “SEAL Team 6 is divided into numerous detachments that rotate into Afghanistan. The SEALs who killed Bin Laden were handpicked and considered the top members of the unit.”
Wavy.com states that SEAL Team 6 member John “Jet Li” Douangdara and his military dog, Bart, were among those who were killed in the attack.
Douangdara worked as the lead dog handler for his unit, reaching the title of Master at Arms.
Both Bart and Douangdara have memorial pages on Facebook, where friends and strangers alike are thanking them for their service.
The Navy SEALs maintain a Facebook page of their own, “Fallen US Navy SEALs,” where people pay their respects and remember those who are lost.
Bart and Douangdara are both listed on the site as part of the unit that was killed while supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Master at Arms.
Both Bart and Douangdara have memorial pages on Facebook, where friends and strangers alike are thanking them for their service.
The Navy SEALs maintain a Facebook page of their own, “Fallen US Navy SEALs,” where people pay their respects and remember those who are lost.
Bart and Douangdara are both listed on the site as part of the unit that was killed while supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

That's so sad. May they all rest in peace
Old 08-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rip
Branko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

I don't understand why they keep stuffing so many SEALs in one chinook that is a super easy target for the enemy. So many special forces units have died because of chinooks that it's ridiculous.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I think trained with Randy Hare......
KK1 Griff v Tajgetosz SCH3,IPO3(BHOT) FCI & WUSV 2013
Smithie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2011, 11:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

So were Douangdara and Bart the ones that participated in the raid on OBL?? I am confused. I had originally heard that none of the OBL team were involved. RIP, to all of the fallen including Bart.
-Pippa Von Neurotic Butt- GSD
-Tessa- 11yo GSD- Waiting at the Bridge. RIP sweet girl.
DharmasMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2011, 11:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knighted Member

America lost some of it's finest soldiers…..may these hero's rest in peace. I pray that God comforts their family in this time of sorrow.

Bart….a dog who served and died for this country as well…..there is a special place across rainbow bridge for this K9.
Germanshepherdlova is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmasMom View Post
So were Douangdara and Bart the ones that participated in the raid on OBL?? I am confused. I had originally heard that none of the OBL team were involved. RIP, to all of the fallen including Bart.
No, the dog in the OBL raid was named Cairo. I too do not understand the thinking that puts so many members of an elite team in the same helicopter, especially one as troubled as the Chinook. Even CEO's of major corporations are smart enough to travel separately from other top executive officers - just in case. Whoever OK'd this arrangement ought to be fired. Sad and unnecessary loss of life.......if they had been split into smaller groups for transit, many would have survived.

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge
Anja1Blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #9 (permalink)

the reason they were all in the CHinook is that it was a rescue mission. They had been in a **** of a battle and they were being extracted ASAP
www.nndda.org, Certifying official all fields
www.k9trainingcenters.com
ladylaw203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.