The Recovery Process - Page 19 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 02:49 AM   #181 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sharbel Send a message via Skype™ to Sharbel

"Dogs' lives are too short, their only fault, really..."
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #182 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I got a sympathy card in the mail yesterday from my vet and it made me cry... Mostly from the handwritten notes they added. It was so full of writing they had to use the back of the card too everyone there had written at least a sentence or two in it and both vets had written more, my regular vet and the other vet who is newer there (she also saw Bianca a few times when it was a quick visit if the other vet was busy). Especially the note from my vet, I've known her for a long time and she has also gone through HSA with her previous dog, she wrote about that and about Bianca and also said that she thinks God sends me animals that need special care because I can handle it...now I'm not religious but I know she is and thought that was a sweet thing to say especially coming from a vet if that makes sense. I've had more than my fair share of sick pets unfortunately...
I also got Bianca's replacement DNA pendant the other day too, I was so worried that something might happen to it, it was a replacement because the first one I got had a crack in it but luckily they had some of the sample left to replace it...
Old 11-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #183 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I am so very sorry for you all. I have been there and will be there in the future. It is the hardest part about having a dog - but as Sting's breeder wrote me when his sire, Ace died and she took it very hard - she wrote that the depth of grief (pain) she felt was the depth of her love - and that the pain was worth the love. When my Husky died, a Lakota lady who saw me walking alone, told me that it is their belief that when we die and if we have loved and taken good care of our animals, they will be waiting for us at the river - only they can help us cross this river into the spirit land. If we have not loved them and taken good care of them, they will not be waiting. She told me that my Husky would be waiting. As will all of your dogs for you all.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #184 (permalink)

I lost my 7 month old gsd to pneumonia, she had it after birth and breeder didn't know, I lost her at the end of May and I'm devastated, I could tell that she loved me so much and I loved her more, when I would come home she would be so excited that she would cry...my friends and family recently placed a 2 month old in our home, I do love her but I compare her to my Jaina and they are two opposites...when I come home she seems she could care less, I mean yes she will wag her tail but It's not the same at all.....I miss my girl so much its painful...

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Brandi6405 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #185 (permalink)

OP here. I'm so truly humbled that this thread is still pinned, still gets views, and still gets posts. I hope those who visit find some peace in the readings.

I cannot believe I'm coming up on 5 years without Eich, but it's true - Rookie is 4 and doing great. I guess I'm doing great, too. I've stopped tearing up when talking about Eich, but I'll never get "over" him. I suppose that's just the way it goes.

Anyway, just sticking my head back in to say hello and wish everyone here my best.
Eich 3/4/01 - 9/30/08 (HSA)
rockhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #186 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhead View Post
OP here. I'm so truly humbled that this thread is still pinned, still gets views, and still gets posts. I hope those who visit find some peace in the readings.

I cannot believe I'm coming up on 5 years without Eich, but it's true - Rookie is 4 and doing great. I guess I'm doing great, too. I've stopped tearing up when talking about Eich, but I'll never get "over" him. I suppose that's just the way it goes.

Anyway, just sticking my head back in to say hello and wish everyone here my best.

I am new to the site and just read some of your post. I'm so sorry for your loss of Eich. I have a 9 year old female [Jasmine ] that has had hip dysplasia since she was 2. We've done stem cell therapy for the last 3 years and it's helped her a lot.I can only imagine your pain, I cry just thinking about loosing her.She has been such a huge part of our lives.She never leaves my side unless she's playing with the grandkids and even then she has to know where I am. There is truly nothing like having a GS. Just wondering if you can love another as much ? Silly question but we've had other dogs before Jazz and I did love them but it's almost as if she is human.I never even thought about loosing the others.
jcasteel61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #187 (permalink)

I feel your pain. Just lost my 10 year old GSD Lucy on Saturday night. I posted awhile back about her biting at her hips when doing a number 2, thought that was all corrected with a vet check and she was doing better (no biting) at hips. Saturday before last Lucy stopped eating her main meal of the day, for the next several days she would eat very little but she was eating her treats as with peanut butter on them and milk bones, she was also taking her meds with a spoonful of peanut butter. Her meds were for her hips. I took her to the vets friday morning and as we got out of the truck she did a number two and all seemed well, the vet said they were going to keep her for observation until monday, they called and said she had an infection was treating it and should be able to pick her up monday morning. I got a call Sunday morning that she passed away Saturday night. The Vet's were in shock, they did not have a clue that was even a possibility. My wife and I buried her together Sunday night.
After almost 11 years together this has been very, very hard to handle. So dont feel bad, you are not alone. I dont know how to fix the pain, guilt, second guessing, loss, grief and sadness. If I find a way will for sure let you know. Take care my friend.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.