German Shepherds Forum banner

Duke 1996-2008

5K views 33 replies 32 participants last post by  elsie 
#1 ·
To my Dude Meister, Freight Train, Bulldozer and Tank,

Mom and Dad and your fur siblings are going to miss you old man, you were such a good, good boy. Today is killing me as we said farewell for now, we WILL meet again. You had such a tough few days and couldn't walk, pee or poop sinse yesterday morning. You refused your breakfast this morning before I went to work. When I came home early to check on you, you hadn't moved from your spot. I offered you a snackie, and you refused that too, I knew it was time then, you LOVE your snackies. Oh Weenie is gonna be so happy to see her Uncle Dude, she just adored you, though she did drive you nuts cleaning your teeth all the time. Don't grumble too much at her. TJ, Gretchie and Princess will be happy to see you too, you can keep each other company til we all meet again. Love you Duder Doo, take care,
Love, your family

#7 ·
We're very sorry for your loss, run free sweet Duke!

#13 ·
Oh Rose, I am so sorry... He had a wonderful long life with you guys, but it's just never long enough, is it? I guess the only consolation is that he's with his family that has passed before, so he most certainly will be reunited with them. And they'll be waiting until you're all reunited again. Lots of hugs to you and Brian and the rest of the gang...

#15 ·
Run free sweet boy untill you are reunited at the bridge.

I am so sorry for your loss.

#20 ·
Such a moving and loving tribute to your special boy.

My sincere condolences on your very sad loss.

RIP, Duke.

#25 ·
Thank you all for your words of comfort, I know most of you have been here right along with us. The house is too quiet, even with the other doggers here, Dude was a talker, we'd have conversations a few times a night, now I have no one to talk with, the rest of the crew aren't talkers. I put up Dude's deflated basketball, that was HIS toy of choice. I miss my big guy, but know he's free from pain and with his other fur siblings that went before him and all the other great GSDs too. Weenie will be beside herself with joy to see her Uncle Dude, she just adored him.

#26 ·
Oh Rose, I am so sorry for your loss. RIP Duke.

I know it is strange, but no matter how many pups you have when one is gone it is so quiet without them. They all have their own special place in your heart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.