German Shepherds Forum banner

Patty is gone :(

2K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  giebel 
#1 ·
Saturday morning I lost my dear Patty.

I use to post about her all the time here.

She live a full 15 an a half year old life.

But I miss her so much. She died in my arms Saturday morning at the vet.

She no longer could walk her hips got so bad, and on her last day could even sit up to lay down.

We had a week to say goodbye and laid with her for 12 days straight each night sleeping very little.

I miss her so much. I got her out of college at 3 years old as a rescue and since then we never had a day apart. My house feels so empty. I am so down and hurt. My 4 year old GSD is feeding off me a little and the house is just not the same at all.

I will miss her and do miss her every waking minute of the day

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
I remember you and Patty well. I'm so sorry to hear that she's gone. It was always very clear how much she meant to you. :(

#17 · (Edited)
So sorry for your loss. My beloved GSD died this past July and almost made it to 12. I still tear up about him every day. Anyone who hasnt loved a gsd really would never understand. I wish I could scrub his neck with my hands and pet his soft fur cheeks and get a head tilt or goofy bark just one more time. I miss his puppy breath and his old dog breath that would wake me in the morning. his enthusiasm and drive to do pretty much any thing I wanted to do. Watching him sleep and kick his legs out while sleeping. Our dogs are so attuned to us and really live and breathe to be by our side. My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry. Thank you for giving your dog such a wonderful life. She will be waiting for you on the other side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.