German Shepherds Forum banner

Fallen Soldier

998 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Ace GSD 
#1 ·
I was having a bit of a trip down memory lane tonight and I came across this video of this memorial service. I have mentioned in places that I have had the honor of working with military and police K9s over the years. This guy was one of the ones that really just stuck in my heart. For a few days I was taking care of him during my twelve hour shifts. He was my main focus, since I tended to do the best with the critical care patients, and I enjoyed getting to focus most of my energy on one particular case at a time.

It made me smile just a bit to find this video. Especially since I recognized something in it that I remembered making when I saw it. Back when we were making our own clay pawprints (the crematory does it now for us), my signature that I did them was either a little bone for dogs or a little fish for cats.

Link Here

The old guy was a total sweetheart. I sat at his side when he passed and I personally saw to his care after. RIP handsome man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.