German Shepherds Forum banner

Napoleon's Story <3

15K views 115 replies 57 participants last post by  blackshep 
#1 ·
Napoleon went to the hospital with parvo on Jan 29 and spent a long 8 days receiving extensive care. Today he is still at the vet with anemia and a swollen bladder. He can no longer urinate on his own and is having a hard time keeping the blood that he was given. Please keep our little guy in your thoughts and prayers. God bless.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#30 ·
He did live outside right? He probably ate plenty of dirt. I rescued two Rotts that were living outside and for a couple weeks they were pooping and throwing up leaves and dirt. They were full grown and much bigger then your little guy, so they were able to cleanse themselves.

#33 ·
Poor, poor baby Napolean. Poor Mommanomma. I'm so sorry for both of you. And your husband, too. It's been such a long, tough road with no lucky breaks. IF they update you please let us know too. This is so heartbreaking for you that I hate to ask but it's impossible not to care for this little guy.

#35 ·
Poor little guy. I really hope the BYB breeder that sold you this dog does not have any more puppies. The animal control should be called. This is so sad. You did the best you could for him. I am so glad the rescue foundation is helping out.

#36 ·
Well this certainly sucks! But it's still better than having him pass away! Alot of us have learned alot from your story!

I know I had always thought, first puppy shot and they were good to go! You might have saved a few of us a lot of pain in the future! So thank you for that! :)

#40 ·
Aww man that really sucks!!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry! I really though he would make it after he passed the one week mark!

Don't disappear on us cause you lost your baby! You can still learn a lot, I just lost my Boxer in NOV and I'm on two Boxer boards because I want to be a better Boxer owner.

Again I'm so sorry everybody was pulling for the little guy!

#41 ·
Im so sorry. Poor little guy. You did so great by him, much more than so than some other people would have done.

You should check your city ordinance and local animal shelter on whether the person that sold him to you should have breeding dogs. I doubt very much she is a reputable breeder and in most cities people like her need to have their dogs fixed.

I agree dont dissapear on us, There is lots to still learn for the future and your next dog.

#47 ·
I'll still stick around, although when we decide to get another pup I don't think a gsd is the right choice for us.

Hey! You don't need a GSD to stick around. I lost my GSD in 2012. My new guy is a hound mix. There is still tons to learn here about everything "dog." So yes, please stay and don't feel you need a GSD to do so.

I am so sorry for your loss of Napoleon.

#55 ·
Unfortunately there is no law against breeding. All that can be done is education to prevent people from supporting backyard breeders. :(

#54 ·
I'm really sorry for the loss of Napoleon. What a heartbreaking situation you've gone thru. Run free little guy. :halogsd:

#56 ·
This isn't a discussion about whether or not people who can't afford a dog should get one. Money wouldn't have saved this dog, it has no bearing on this thread and there's no sense making unfounded comments about people's resources or lack thereof.

I'm so sorry Momma, he's at peace now. You did all you could.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.