German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   In Loving Memory (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/loving-memory/)
-   -   Quiescence 'Kwai' (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/loving-memory/400841-quiescence-kwai.html)

Hawkllore 01-24-2014 02:23 AM

Quiescence 'Kwai'

It's been three months, I've posted on FaceBook and I finally decided to come back here because I know you all understand; not that my friends on FB don't, I feel I'm a bumbling idiot.

On October 21st, 2013 early in the morning, I made the decision to let Kwai slip the earthly bond she had. She fell sick a week before and I hospitalized her very soon after.

I sat with her when the vet brought her blood work back, her kidney values were the worst I had seen in my limited experience as a Veterinarian Technician. I broke down crying then, I couldn't stay strong for Kwai, but she seemed to already know, and gave me a kiss and laid down with me.

Not knowing the cause yet, not having any speculative idea what it may be, I hospitalized her. She held on for roughly a week, going down hill Saturday. I was refused being allowed to visit her Sunday, and Monday she was in far worse condition than I could have imagined or wanted.

I decided to perform a necropsy and send her kidneys off to a college for testing.

Somehow, while I was at work, she was out with my grandparents and got into antifreeze from what I now know was my Uncle and Aunts leaking radiator.

I struggle with guilt from her condition by the time she was put to sleep, and anger.

I also struggle with the operations of the animal hospitals bill collection and holding her bed and pillow hostage until full payment is received.

I miss Kwai, she was my first dog that I was entirely responsible for. She and I had 7 years together. She was my heart dog, I won't find another like her.

Thanks for reading if you've got this far.... I'm rambling to myself trying to let it all out so I can sleep.

Cassidy's Mom 01-24-2014 02:26 AM

I remember you and Kwai, and I'm so sorry to hear this. :(

robeangyalchen 01-24-2014 05:26 AM

I am very very sorry to hear about Kwai. RIP Kwai. :(

Bridget 01-24-2014 10:20 AM

My sympathy to you. I have never heard of that practice from a vet. Think next time I would find a new one.

Daisy&Lucky\'s Mom 01-24-2014 10:22 AM

I am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful Kwai.

DWP 01-24-2014 10:45 AM

So Sorry

So sorry for your loss. Peace be with you.

Brando & Julietta\'s Dad 01-24-2014 12:52 PM

RIP Kwai. Its very tough to lose a great friend. Kwai knows she was loved. Its never easy to say goodbye and in time you will remember the good times together. Kwai will always be a part of you.

FrankieC 01-24-2014 01:42 PM

Sorry for your loss :(

sit,stay 01-24-2014 04:53 PM

I am so sorry.
Sheilah

Loneforce 01-24-2014 07:57 PM

I am sorry for your loss of Kwai :(