Lost my girl Julietta, love you girl. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lost my girl Julietta, love you girl.

I just joined this forum to help deal with the loss of my sweet girl, Julietta. Julietta died of liver cancer three weeks ago and my life has not been the same since. I got Julietta to help cope with the loss of my first Shepherd, Brando. Brando, also died of cancer when he was 9 1/2 and I did not get the oppourtunity to bring him home after his cancer diagnosis. The emergency Vet tried to strengthen Brando for possible chemo but he only got weaker and did not have the strength to come home. He had to be PTS within 24 hours. He was perfectly healthy up to that point but became sick one weekend and I had to say goodbye the next morning. I was devastated. After a couple weeks of really missing Brando I decided to call the breeder even though I was not emotionally ready for GSD pup. The breeder said he had a litter with Brando's sister and he only had a female, Julietta. I wanted another male but told him I would think about it. I thought it would be beautiful to get the niece of Brando to remember Brando.
Julietta was more energetic than Brando. She was a very active pup that taught me patience among a lot of other things. I really enjoyed showing her the life of adventure that we enjoyed together. We moved to the mountains when she was a 10-month old pup and our life of adventure began. When we were in the mountains we hiked the trails, played in the snow and swam the lakes and down on the coast we played in the sand at the beach and ball at the park. I enjoyed giving her the variety of activities and she was always so happy. I worked the home office and she was always by my side. We traveled the 6-hour ride from mountains to oceans hundreds of times and she never had a problem in the car. I was so lucky to have such a wonderful friend.
Our lives changed forever in September when after playing hard in the park, Julietta became weak and did not want to eat. I took her to the Vet and after ultra sounds and lab tests we confirmed she had multiple tumors on her liver. There were no surgical options and chemo would require a biopsy but it was likely to not be an option. He said she had days to weeks left. She fought hard for 9 weeks. I became her caretaker and was with her almost every hour of her remaining life. I moved my mattress to the living room since it was too high for her reach anymore and I wanted to be with her in her most comfortable spot. She had done so much for me I wanted to be there for her to the end. I cooked two meals a day for her trying anything to keep her appetite going. I am very greatful that I got the oppoutunity to say goodbye to my best friend for the remaining time that we shared. I wanted to keep her around as long as she would eat and still had some enjoyment. We went to the park for a couple hours a day and would play ball as much as she could without fatiguing her too much. We spent more time in the park just laying next to eachother. I told her how grateful I was for all that she had done for me and how I will always treasure our time together. I think because she had such a great spirit she fought hard for me. There is nothing like the love from a old dog.
It was very tough having to say goodbye. I did not want to see her suffer anymore and she stopped eating. I knew the time had come to say goodbye. I miss my girl everyday so much. I have cried everyday since she passed and I am a masculine guy. Its so quiet without Julietta around. Julietta, you will always have a place in my heart. I look forward to the day when I can see you and Brando at Rainbow Bridge. Thank you Julietta for sharing your life with me. I love you so much Julietta.
Attached Thumbnails
Lost my girl Julietta, love you girl.-1-22-10-stm-bitchin-pics-045.jpg   Lost my girl Julietta, love you girl.-1-22-10-stm-bitchin-pics-046.jpg   Lost my girl Julietta, love you girl.-summer-11-522.jpg   Lost my girl Julietta, love you girl.-4-04-10-june-powder-12-005.jpg   Lost my girl Julietta, love you girl.-hearth-photos-001.jpg  

Lost my girl Julietta, love you girl.-summer-11-059.jpg   Lost my girl Julietta, love you girl.-pics-086.jpg   Lost my girl Julietta, love you girl.-summer-11-190.jpg  

Brando GSD 2/14/94 -6/17/03 RIP
Julietta GSD 4/4/03 -11/23/13 RIP

Rest in peace my babies.
Brando & Julietta's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Member

Sorry for your loss. I've been there recently. We are better for having them in our lives. Hang in there.
Sp00ks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2013, 07:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I am sorry for your loss Rest in Peace beautiful Julietta ...
Loneforce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

I won't say the pain goes away, it'll become manageable tho. When I get frustrated and forget myself I call both my dogs by the wrong name, Banjo, he was a heckuva dog that I will never forget. You did right by her, she knew it and so should you.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Urgh i am in tears reading that , your a good person for giving her a wonderful life.
misslesleedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I am so sorry for your loss.
Sheilah
sit,stay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

A good dog with a good life - both of you got a good deal. That's not to say you didn't want more but you both got a good deal. She had a wonderful life and it sounds like you enjoyed that life with her.

Cancer can be quick and nasty. I'm sorry you weren't given more time together.
middleofnowhere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

Beautiful girl. Your life together really comes full circle with these quotes: from "bridge over troubled water"---"all your dreams are memories" and from Dr. Seuss: "don't cry because it's over, smile because IT HAPPENED." Peace to you in your loss.
readaboutdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2013, 11:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Wishing you all the best during this most difficult time
RIP beautiful Julietta
Old 12-16-2013, 11:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'm sorry for you loss. She was a pretty girl, and you gave her a good life. She was loved.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.