German Shepherds Forum banner

Jonah, RIP 1-14-2013

3K views 33 replies 29 participants last post by  BullittMustang 
#1 ·
I had to put Jonah down yesterday. Hardest decision of my life. Some of you who have been following him over the years can learn more here. I will miss him but I know he's out of pain now. Sweet Jonah...

"Jonah is gone. I had to hold him tight so he wouldn't struggle. He died in my arms with my face right on his forehead and on the top of his nose. I rubbed him and shhh him while he became weak and lost consciousness in my arms. And then he died right there as I was holding him. I didn't let go for 30 minutes. I just laid on the floor with him and kept shhhh and kissing his forehead and telling him he's no longer in pain. My man is finally at rest. Finally"

Timeline Photos | Facebook

#30 ·
That was a great song and thank you all. I have another Shepherd that I got last year and she is in training now. She's a great, beautiful black pup. I love her, but Jonah was special to me. He was my first working dog and I had him for years.

Have any of you guys actually gone and filled up the food bowl, go to the kennel and then realize you have nothing to feed there? Talk about a lonely feeling. I did it twice.

#34 ·
I am very sorry for your loss. I know what you are going through. I just lost my boy Rocky this month also. He would have been 10 next month. He was my best friend and I had a bond with him that I have never had before. Hang in there. Some day we will be with them again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.