Abby My Beloved Little Girl (IMHA) 11/7/12 RIP - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Run free sweet Abby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Elite Member

I am sorry for your loss of Abby. Please don't feel guilty about not being there are the moment she passed; it often doesn't work out that way, even with the best of intentions. A few years ago, we left our Springer spaniel at the vet for tests, not realizing how sick he was and he passed away while there, so I kind of know what you are going through. But the time you spent with Abby before she got sick and during her illness is more meaningful than being there at the passing moment.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

I am so very sorry for your loss
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I am so sorry for the loss of your girl. It is so difficult to lose any pet but losing a dog who you have raised is so difficult. They are best friends ,furry children and so much a part of our lives. Run free sweet Abby run free.

Lucky- GSD Rescue 2/16/2002
Thunder from the East: adopted 1/25/2013
Miss Chevy Cruz - adopted 1/25/2013
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #15 (permalink)

First and foremost thank you all, for you who have posted have lost a loved pet before, this is my first pet loss so I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the kind words and understanding. I also wanted to share some emotions I have gone through over the past 6 days.

I’m not sure how to explain the loss of a pet who’s not really a pet but a daughter son friend. Its been 6 days sense I lost my baby girl Abby, the tears have subsided somewhat and now anger has begun, anger at the vet because he was not capable of handling the IMHA treatment, anger at myself for not moving her to a more qualified vet that had the blood and medicine on site and I guess just angry at this IMHA. I have done plenty of reading on this IMHA and understand that in short its a killer one way or another so regardless of treatment her chance were pretty slim at best.

I know this will pass and for now I juts have to think positive, the first 2 days were bad for me, but I did something a little strange that seem to put my emotions in check. Abby passed away last Wednesday. Thursday my wife and I were a mess, me and my wife are in our early 40’s and decided to have dogs and not kids so 10 years ago we got Cujo my GSD and Abby a Belgian malinois mix (just a little background)
So on Friday my wife and I took a trip up to Canon City, CO where there is a winery called the ABBY this is an old Church / School /Winery so anyways we took a 2hr drive up there both heart broken.

Once there we went and purchased our wine and decided to go over to the old church. Once there we found the place where they hold church…sorry not much of a church goer, but anyway it was just me and my wife and the place was empty so we sat down and cried and spoke out loud our good buys to our sweetheart. Told her we love her and miss her and we will see her again, but for now go play and don’t worry about mommy and daddy. We are hurt that you left us and wish you were here with us but understand that we will see you again. So we cried a few more minuets and again told her we love her said amen and left.
Now strangely enough I feel like she sense we were in a house for god that she heard every word we said and knows that we love her and miss her and that everything is ok.

My heart is still broken with her loss but is mending knowing that I feel she heard me and know everything is ok.

They say things will get better and I feel they will, I think I have my closure that I needed from my heart to her.

So moving forward we received her ashes back along with her TPLO plates we have painted her paw print and will be getting her setup in our family room with her teddy bear her favorite blanket her collar and leash and a photo of her. This might seem silly maybe but it out of love and respect.
What a crappy year !!!
CujoGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I'm sorry you had to go through this. I'm glad that you have made some peace with her passing. It's been 1 year since I lost my Elsa and I still think about her almost every day.
After she passed I couldn't bear to bury her ashes so I put them in a special box along with her collar and her favorite toy. I keep it in an armoire that is next to the side of my bed that she used to sleep by.
It still isn't easy but it does get a little better everyday. I hope the year going forward is a better one for your family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.