Hit by a car - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #31 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
Most of us have a near miss to make us adjust things. But sometimes that doesn't happen. I am really sorry that you lost your puppy this way.
This is so true. I had a real heartstopper with Spirit yesterday, I could have so easily been in your shoes today.

{{hugs}}
Jo Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #32 (permalink)

Thank you all for your kind wishes and thoughts.

It's been a hard weekend for me. Friday, the day after it happened, I did go to work, although several people told me not to. I didn't really feel like it, but the only other option was to stay at home, which was where I buried him. I felt like that less.

I did ok through the day, but my grief would just surge forward in waves, and I like to think I kept my sobs relatively quiet. Unlike most days, I dreaded the end of the work day. For the last 5 weeks, I got to go home to a happy little face at the top of the stairs, ready to play. Now, all I had to go home to was a grave.

I got to the car, but as soon as I got inside and closed the car, I completely lost it. Afterwards, I drove home, and I thought the hardest thing would be walking in from the garage, and not seeing his face at the top of the stairs.

I made it home, and didn't see his face, and I was ok. Maybe I was prepared for it. Then I went up to my bedroom, and started putting my work things away. Then, I looked on my nightstand.

You see, the night Bear died, my brother, who is living with me, took Bear's collar off, to preserve it, and noticed that Bear's tag was missing. We looked for it, but had no luck in the dark.

When I looked on the stand, the tag was there. It was bent. From the initial impact or from spending a day on the road, I do not know. But as I held it, I realized that the SUV hit him so hard that it ripped the tag from his little collar. And then I completely lost it, as the weight of the event enveloped me once again.

My brother said that he had spent the day looking for it, but didn't have any luck. he said that he asked God to help him find it, and as he walked down the street, crying, he just happened to stop and find it at his feet.

It made me sad to see it, but, in a way, I'm glad that he found it. Closure, perhaps.

I still can't believe he's gone. And I wish I could have saved him. That I would have saved him.

Last edited by Pattyobrien3; 10-15-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Pattyobrien3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #33 (permalink)
Crowned Member

So, so sorry!

Nothing is as simple as it seems or as complicated as we make it~

Attitude is everything -- Pick a good one!
Sofie AKA Ussina vom Haus Brezel
Jack von Jagenstadt
Tatty - Burmese bad cat

zyppi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
Elite Member

i wiah there were something we could do to help you..Thoughts and prayers for you and your lost baby...
Old 10-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #35 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'm so sorry for your loss of your little Bear, my condolences to you, your bother and all who loved him!!!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #36 (permalink)
Master Member

Very sorry for your loss.
FrankieC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 05:10 AM   #37 (permalink)
Elite Member

I'm sorry you lost your precious Bear. I know that gut clenching grief that comes from losing your baby.

Jelpy
Old 10-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #38 (permalink)

I am so sorry. And please don't blame yourself. Accidents happen.
barnyard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #39 (permalink)
Elite Member

I'm so very sorry you had to go through this devastating night. It's not your fault so please don't blame yourself. I lost a young Lab the same way many years ago. Her recall up to that point was 100% but it only took that one time of something that scared her from behind that made her run into the busy street. I'm still really nervous over 10 years later to let my dog off leash in an unfenced area.

The short time you had to spend with your pup was undoubtedly some of the best times, so remember the good times to honor your pup. And, you will be together again one day on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

The Rainbow Bridge

Snake Vom Eselspfad RN CGC (AKA Raina) 3/5/08
Pyrate CGC 4/1/03-5/16/12 RIP

Too many to list waiting at the bridge but remembering them all
pyratemom is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #40 (permalink)
Crowned Member

i'm so sorry...

http://elsieflynn.blogspot.com
http://www.dogster.com/?41847
elsie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.