RIP Akira, my sweet girl... </3 - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #31 (permalink)
Crowned Member

well when i read your latest post, i thought that Kira was soooo lucky to have had you as a mom. Gee just brought me to tears, so BIG HUGS to you, im so sorry for your loss, lori
lorihd@comcast.net is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2012, 11:42 PM   #32 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
Oh, honey, I am so sorry and wish I could give you a hug. I can't imagine having to go through all that and losing a puppy so young. It is nonsensical and unfair.

I know it's hard to let yourself love another dog right now, but in my experience it is something that will make the healing a just a tad less difficult. So good of the breeder to offer another little furball.

When is he coming to you?
Thank you, it is terrible. I hope I never have to make the decision again to put a young puppy down. Hardest one i've had to make in my life.

He is here already. I feel bad. For two reasons. One. I feel like i'm being disloyal to Akira. Two. I feel like I am not giving him all the love I could right now. He does make it better.. He just wants to love me. I mean, yes it is way too soon, but he does make it less lonely, and the only reason I got him so soon, was because the breeder is 3 hours away, and I went to look because she had 3 pups left, and wanted me to choose before she placed them in homes. (She isn't going to have another litter for about 6 months) Well, I was torn between this little longhaired male, and a normal coat female. So I wanted to see their personalities. Well, he obviously stole my (broken) heart. He makes me laugh. He does alot of the same silly things she did. And, I think he can sense his 'sister's' presence. I took him with me to the city to pick up the ashes last night, and as soon as I got them he was all quiet and calm, almost sad? I don't know, I really think he knows. He definitly can smell her everywhere in the house. Maybe her puppy spirit is living through him.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #33 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorihd@comcast.net View Post
well when i read your latest post, i thought that Kira was soooo lucky to have had you as a mom. Gee just brought me to tears, so BIG HUGS to you, im so sorry for your loss, lori
Thank you. She was lucky, and I was lucky as well. Her coming into my life was meant to be, I know this for sure.

I am going to be getting her paw print tattooed to me..so she will always be right there, in memory. The Hinsdale Animal Cemetary (where I got her cremated) sent all this stuff along with her urn...one thing being a little poem..and a little dog pin w/ a halo..

Her pawprint, it still has pieces of her fur in it

I want to do something with her pawprint, the quote, her name, and a heart.

Also, one of my favorite pictures of me and her. What a silly girl.

Attached Thumbnails
RIP Akira, my sweet girl... </3-304950_10151430997024852_672845340_n.jpg   RIP Akira, my sweet girl... </3-185374_10151435752794852_902228591_n.jpg   RIP Akira, my sweet girl... </3-295202_10151400732464852_1142636908_n.jpg  
Old 09-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #34 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdlover91 View Post

He is here already. I feel bad. For two reasons. One. I feel like i'm being disloyal to Akira. Two. I feel like I am not giving him all the love I could right now.
He will help you along. Akira would want you to be happy. Akira will always be in your heart and the new young man in your life will have a place there too. Does he have a name yet? Any pictures?
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #35 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llombardo View Post
He will help you along. Akira would want you to be happy. Akira will always be in your heart and the new young man in your life will have a place there too. Does he have a name yet? Any pictures?
His name is Berlin, and yes let me attach a few. I agree, that she would want me to be happy. She is irreplaceable.

The one of him yawning cracks me up.
Attached Thumbnails
RIP Akira, my sweet girl... </3-396468_10151433973309852_1970712399_n.jpg   RIP Akira, my sweet girl... </3-564788_10151436998864852_2101945264_n.jpg   RIP Akira, my sweet girl... </3-430459_10151433959779852_2056298158_n.jpg   RIP Akira, my sweet girl... </3-578358_10151436999539852_2108656661_n.jpg   RIP Akira, my sweet girl... </3-246657_10151437345109852_63597376_n.jpg  

RIP Akira, my sweet girl... </3-564152_10151437344959852_1881826763_n.jpg   RIP Akira, my sweet girl... </3-198612_10151435457234852_203588734_n.jpg  
Old 09-23-2012, 12:31 AM   #36 (permalink)
Elite Member

Uhg I know your pain! Almost 9 years ago I lost my 5 month old kitten to FIP virus though he died within days of me finding out he was sick. He passed on his own when I wasn't there but I did get to hold him and spend some time with him the day before that happened, even the vet tech started crying.

The strange thing was he passed on valentines day and if he 'hadn't' of passed away I never would have met my husband, it is very bittersweet. I was working at a pet store at the time and we had rescue kittens, he was the last one left and I just had this 'I have to have him' urge... Like you said with Akira, I think I was meant to have him. My life changed completely because of him but in a good way.

My stomach dropped when I saw the title of your post, I'd been following her progress but like everyone else said she was lucky to have you, she got a bit more time and love she probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise. I still have my kitties ashes and the card the vet gave me, I don't care if its weird but I want to be buried with all of my animal babies ashes.

I think the best way to honor a pet who has passed is to give another a home and love.
Carriesue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 12:51 AM   #37 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriesue View Post
Uhg I know your pain! Almost 9 years ago I lost my 5 month old kitten to FIP virus though he died within days of me finding out he was sick. He passed on his own when I wasn't there but I did get to hold him and spend some time with him the day before that happened, even the vet tech started crying.

The strange thing was he passed on valentines day and if he 'hadn't' of passed away I never would have met my husband, it is very bittersweet. I was working at a pet store at the time and we had rescue kittens, he was the last one left and I just had this 'I have to have him' urge... Like you said with Akira, I think I was meant to have him. My life changed completely because of him but in a good way.

My stomach dropped when I saw the title of your post, I'd been following her progress but like everyone else said she was lucky to have you, she got a bit more time and love she probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise. I still have my kitties ashes and the card the vet gave me, I don't care if its weird but I want to be buried with all of my animal babies ashes.

I think the best way to honor a pet who has passed is to give another a home and love.
Im sorry about your kitty. I am glad he changed your life in a good way, Akira did that for me as well..

Definitly not wierd at all I just told my sister the other day, that I wanted to be buried with all my babies ashes as well. I mean, I love my animals more than life, and people get buried with things that were important to them, so ashes would only make sense for us animal lovers Besides, then we will all be together again.

I am glad everyone can see how special she was to me. Makes me feel better..

Thank you.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:57 AM   #38 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
I I just told my sister the other day, that I wanted to be buried with all my babies ashes as well. I mean, I love my animals more than life, and people get buried with things that were important to them, so ashes would only make sense for us animal lovers
My mom passed away in June and all of her animals ashes went with her...its what she wanted I get my love for all animals from her, it was a good trait for her to pass on to me.
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
Old 09-23-2012, 01:02 AM   #39 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
His name is Berlin, and yes let me attach a few. I agree, that she would want me to be happy. She is irreplaceable.

The one of him yawning cracks me up.
He is so adorable
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
Old 09-24-2012, 02:27 AM   #40 (permalink)
Elite Member

Unhappy Missing my girl..

Nights suck so bad. Every single night I find myself awake, unable to sleep, going through all 400 pictures of her on my phone, and crying. I miss her so much.

My older girl, she is sad too. When she catches me crying she'll give me a sad look, then come over and comfort me.

It just still hasn't sunk in that she is really gone. I still haven't come to terms with anything. No more Saturday petstore visits to pick out treats and toys, no more daily walks, no more car rides, snuggling, kisses, no more waking up early, and having to wake her up, bc all she wanted to do was sleep in and snuggle w mama..I never expected her to be taken away so soon, and from such a terrible thing.

I lay awake all night thinking about the what ifs, the should haves..It wasn't fair to her to be taken this young.

I had so much planned for us...it makes me sad to think of the things shell never experience,...playing in the fall leaves, playing in the snow, going on runs in the forest preserve, going swimming in the lake, her first birthday..and most importantly, all the years of love and happiness we were supposed to share together.

Sorry about ranting, had to let the sadness out. I hope you are okay wherever you are, and i hope that you are pain free. Its so lonely without you here Akira....I would have done anything to help you live the life you deserved. My heart is so completely shattered. I hope you know how much you truly mean to me, how special you are...how much you touched my heart, and changed me for the better, and how much I love you. Ill be looking forward to the day we are reunited..

And thanks llombardo, he is a cutie. I am thankful he is here with me, he makes me laugh when all I wanna do is lay in bed and cry. He gives me a purpose. Sorry about you mother, I am glad she gave you your love of animals though, what a special gift to have.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.