RIP Akira, my sweet girl... </3 - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #21 (permalink)
Elite Member

I am so sorry for you..you worked really hard to bring your baby to good health..I guess it just wasn't meant to be ...you have my most sincere condolences and I hope you find peace soon..jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #22 (permalink)
Elite Member

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know that you did everything you could for her and even though your time together was short I am sure it enriched both of your lives greatly. I hope your heart heals soon.

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdlover91 View Post
Thanks everyone...

She had severe hydrocephalus. Fluid buildup in the brain..It is usually congenital. Though it only occured in toy breeds..so I am completely shocked. I really hate that she had to go through this...

And yes, she WAS progressing, she was doing GREAT up until this weekend. Then she took a turn for the worse...I really am just so shocked, and cannot believe she is gone..
Wow...well, it's a testament to your love and care that she lived as long as she did.
We had a puppy born here to a foster mom who had the condition plus a cleft palate and he lived just 4 weeks before we had to euthanize him due to seizures.
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Wow, I am soo soory for your loss. I know that you did everything in your power to help your special girl. I'm sure she hung on just to spend time with you.
We never have enough time to spend with the ones we love, but we will always have them with us in our hearts.
I hope your heart heals soon
Old 09-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
Elite Member

I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason. And I know that Akira came into my life for a reason. It was meant to be from the moment I came across her picture on the website...I immedietly knew that this special girl was the one for me. The first time I saw her in person, she stole my heart. She was so little, and fuzzy, and just marching around like she was queen of the world. She had just gotten her microchip, a bath, and her vaccinations, so on the car ride home, she was cranky, and of course confused. But half way home, she woke up, looked up at me, and gave me kisses, I knew that this tiny pup would become my bestfriend. Deep down, somehow I knew that she was special, and that our road ahead would be a hard one. I spoiled her so much, I allowed her to snuggle with me every night, she had her own half of my bed with her little blanket that we made her, she went EVERYWHERE with me, I always allowed her to pick out whatever treats she wanted at the petstore, no matter how expensive. She was my babygirl, and she knew it. When I did homework, she would always curl up right next to me, and lay there. She hated my scrubs..and everymorning would try and attack them because she knew that they meant I was leaving for the day. But the moment I arrived home, she was filled with so much excitement and happiness, I thought she was having a heart attack. She would give me so many kisses and let me rub her belly. It truly is the best feeling knowing your coming home to a dog, who thinks the world of you, no matter how unperfect you are. A week after having her, she started having problems. I know that had she ended up in anyone elses hands, she would have been euthanized, right there and then. Instead, I did everything I could for her, to help her live a normal, healthy, painless life, no matter how unperfect she was. She was worth every penny I spent on her. Throughout the last month and a half, you could barely tell she was dealing with so much. Even with everything that was going on inside her brain, she never let it show. Though her time with me was too short, I know that we were meant to spend that time together because she needed her short life to be filled with love and happiness, and I needed her to brighten up my life. I needed her, but more importantly, she needed me. I am so glad I never gave up on her, and I am so glad she got to spend two amazing months filled with happiness and love with me and my family. She stole not only my heart, not only my family's heart, but everyone else's that she met. Never did I imagine that everyone that saw her would stop and be in awe over her beauty and friendliness. She truly was special. I miss her very very much, and I always will. Dogs, they are like people, only better. They are how people should be. Akira loved me, depsite all of my flaws. In her eyes, I was the greatest thing ever. A love like that is special and not everyone can truly know the bond between dog and human. Having that bond, you will come away changed forever, for one soul cannot touch another without leaving its mark. Akira left her mark, and I am grateful she came into my life. I am very sad, but I am happy I have memories that will last a lifetime. RIP little angel. <3

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I am happy knowing I gave her the best life I could, and loved her more than anyone else would have.

She will forever have a special spot in my heart. And I will never forget her.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope the breeder will make it right for you... but you can never replace a loved one.
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #27 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Oh no...I am so sorry to hear this
I loved the pictures you posted of her....such a sweet little face.

RIP beautiful Akira
Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #28 (permalink)

So sorry for you loss.
rgollar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
Elite Member

Thank you everyone.

She was such a special girl.

Her paw prints are forever on my heart.

And the breeder is amazing, and offered me another pup no charge, of course it's not the same, and it is hard. I couldn't get another girl, not right now, so I picked a long haired boy, he has the same dad as Akira, so he is her half-brother. I see a lot of her in him. I am so thankful the breeder has been so gracious throughout the past month and a half.

I bought a beautiful copper urn, with two paw prints on it, for her ashes. The vet also did a clay molding of her pawprint...it is hung above my bed, actually, right above my pillow. It still has some of her fur in it :'(
I will never stop missing my sweet babygirl...but I will see her again, someday. <3
Old 09-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #30 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Oh, honey, I am so sorry and wish I could give you a hug. I can't imagine having to go through all that and losing a puppy so young. It is nonsensical and unfair.

I know it's hard to let yourself love another dog right now, but in my experience it is something that will make the healing a just a tad less difficult. So good of the breeder to offer another little furball.

When is he coming to you?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.