RIP Franklin - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
Elite Member

I hope you are able to find peace soon..I am sorry for your loss..jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 01:01 AM   #22 (permalink)

Sorry to hear

I lost my GSD this past Dec to the same condition DM. This is the site to be, so you can morn and honor your beloved GSD.

RIP Franklin
Old 09-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #23 (permalink)

I miss him today. Throughout all the going's on's and running about, there is an undertow of how much I miss him. The lack of greeting at the door is killing me. It's so quiet. My BC's are getting better about greeting me but they never come to the door. Franklin couldn't get there fast enough. I just miss my irreplaceable, beautiful, GSD tonight.
Franklin0412 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2012, 01:15 AM   #24 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

I'm so sorry for your loss! I know the feeling, though. It's been over a year and I still cry. No other dog can replace a shepherd. The bond with them seems to be much deeper than any other breed once you've had one. I hope your heart heals soon!
Old 09-22-2012, 02:45 AM   #25 (permalink)

He's in another place, yet he's close to you. If you are aware, his energy will show up. Several years back, I lost a shepherd mix, who I loved dearly, who had went to college with me, saw me get married, have a baby and so much more....the day she passed at 14 years old, a dust devil of leaves traveled for a ways when it landed right at my feet. It was about her same height, and yes the story is much better in person but I can tell you that it was her. I know it. My hair stood on end with goose bumps...I will never forget.

Another dog we lost just this last Spring who was coming up on 13 years, went into the vets and I insisted on pred and antibiotics. To make a long story short, they only teated him with the antibiotics, the pred would have acted as an anti-inflammatory in short he died from complications, basically swellings, he was in pain and went quickly. The vet toward the end agreed with me that he needed to go on the pred. but it was too late, one tablet later and he died with me and my daughter at his side. He was always by our side and friends with the first dog I mentioned.
We sat that night talking by his lifeless body until the early am hours, his coat amazing, soft and puppy like. It was his gift, I told my daughter. The next morning, as we were exhausted and drained from tears, we went together to set him free. Both my daughter and I heard him take a sigh, like he always did when he was sleeping....he was not alive but we could still feel his presence...it was quite special really...in his final resting spot we planted three aloe vera. I have had these plants for many years...not until now, have they bloomed big orange flowers! It is another sign...I also believe, he pointed us to Starla my GSD puppy. This was confirmed by the third afternoon she was with us, I watched her trot on over to his grave, pick up his collar with his name tag and bring it to the front door and set it down!

Life has an amazing way of perpetuating. You are right, there is something about a GSD, I am experiencing it right now with a purebred. But your other dogs are by your side for a reason, they miss him too...and if you tune in to the signs you might just discover he is still with you
dbrk9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #26 (permalink)

I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost our Max in July to a losing battle of nasal aspergillosis. He was our first shepherd and we miss him dearly. We buried his ashes in our backyard and say hello to him everyday. We now have our baby GSD Ryker! He will not replace Max, but he has helped with the healing of our loss. The pain does dwindle, but it probably will never completely go away. They are one of a kind dogs!
kristamb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.