Callie, rest in peace baby - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Elite Member

So sorry for your loss.

Callie
KatsMuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 11:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I am so sorry for your loss. What a gift that you were able to tell her how much you loved her, and were able to be with her at the end.
Sheilah
sit,stay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

I just want to say thank you for all the sweet replies on this forum. I am new to this forum and found what I was looking for - - - comforting words. Thank you for taking time out of your day. We all love our 4 legged friends more than anything.

Be strong Cal. Mom loves you so much.
GSDcalab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

http://elsieflynn.blogspot.com
http://www.dogster.com/?41847
elsie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to mrsbuggs Send a message via Skype™ to mrsbuggs

So sorry for you loss, i feel for you deeply
mrsbuggs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #16 (permalink)

Default I miss you Cal

It's been 26 days since I lost my best friend. It has been very hard. I constantly say out loud to my husband that I cannot believe she is gone. She was such a big part of our life. I just miss everything about her. Everything. I especially miss the butterfly kisses she gave me each and every morning. I miss seeing her lay by her treat drawer just waiting to see if I was going to give in and give her another treat. Her collar still smells like skunk (I know, gross) but she had her first encounter with a skunk, after 11.5 years, just a couple of weeks before she passed. She wore a red bandana almost every day and I still smell her scent on it. I love her so much and I miss her deeply.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I understand. Its still difficult to imagine our Daisy isnt here.I truly hope she and Callie are playing and eating treats and living in a dogs paradise.It gets better but it comes in waves. Yesterday I was putting stuff away from camping and there were her beds. I was looking for a bandana for the dog's uncle Jon and found all of her banadanas.Its still difficult. I gave him one of her's as a dew rag.Daisy and Callie play hard and keep watching
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
Elite Member

My girl is only about 1 yr but i have a 9 yr old newfie mix that is really slowing down. I dread the day I have to say good bye. Things do get easier as time goes by....and then the day comes where you can think about them and smile instead of cry.
katdog5911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #19 (permalink)

Default In loving memory of Callie, my baby

It has been two months since you crossed over the bridge, Cal. I miss you so much and think about you every single day. You left us with so many memories and I will always thank you for being such a huge part of our lives. You taught me so many wonderful things and I strive to be a better person each and every day. I feel your presence throughout the house but only wish you could be here to hug, kiss and hold. You are missed so much, girl.

Love, Mom
Old 10-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

I missed this before.
Just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss. Your love for her shines through in your posts.

Quote:
Is there anyone else that their GSD had a tumor above their eye? I am trying to understand how this happened to Callie
I only saw this once when doing animal control, with a GSD mix who was terminal. It was my honor to help him across the bridge after his owner found him lying there virtually unresponsive (I'd been called to a "dog struck by car", but it was actually the tumor).

I'm so sorry you had to go through this, but am immensely glad you were able to be with her at the end.
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.