Hemangiosarcoma took my boy too soon - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2012, 02:41 AM   #31 (permalink)
Elite Member

I am sorry too. My Eli died of this horrible cancer on May 31 , 2009 6 weeks before his 9th birthday.

I got up early that day, let him out into the back yard and went to church. When I came home my family told me they had found him by the tree and at first thought he was just sleeping. I never got to say good bye. He showed no real symptoms. He had lost a little weight and was eating less, which was normal when the weather turned warm.

I still miss him so much....

Please know you are not alone. I believe and know that any creature who is loved and loves back, according to it's ability to love lives eternally and the bond we have will unite us never to be lost again.

Waiting at the Bridge
Eli GSD
Chopper APBT
Raphael GSD

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1007494

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/...ee/610245.html

Last edited by Debbieg; 01-20-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Debbieg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #32 (permalink)

I am so sorry for your loss. The photos of Duncan are beautiful, he was a handsome boy.

I know of your pain.

Missing an irreplaceable piece of my heart, devastatingly taken w/in 90 min of symptoms, by Hemangiosarcoma.
My sweet, always by my side GSD. Aleethea Faith, 02/03/04 - 12/06/11. "Sagapow koritsimou, sagapow."
joeyandaleethea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #33 (permalink)
cta
Master Member

i'm sorry for your loss. it makes me so sad reading all these threads about this horrible disease. i hope the pain subsides as the days pass.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
Crowned Member

http://elsieflynn.blogspot.com
http://www.dogster.com/?41847
elsie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #35 (permalink)

I think of him every day. It's hard to believe it's only been 6 weeks since he has been gone. It feels like so much longer since I haven't seen him, held him. My cat now sleeps in bed next to me where Duncan used to sleep, it's one of the comforts my other pets have offered me.

The pain isn't as raw as before and I am not crying every day so that is a relief that the grief isn't right there sitting on top of me, but I do miss him so much.

I'm so sorry to the others that share in the pain this disease causes. I'm thankful for our experience, that we got some extra time with him, although it wasn't much. I feel so very bad for those of you who just found your precious pet gone with no real symptoms. That was our fear, so I'm so glad we were home with him, helping him cross the bridge. There really are no words to describe how painful it was to watch but I'm so glad we got to be with him til his last breath.

Ok, no crying at work. Thanks for your kind words and my heartfelt sympathy to those who are going through the treatment of this disease right now or who have recently and not so recently lost their friend.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #36 (permalink)
Elite Member

I'm a ways out from the most recent dog loss, and I can say that it will never completely go away, but it does keep getting just a little better. Hugs to you.
OriginalWacky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #37 (permalink)

It'll be 2 months tomorrow since we lost Duncan. I've been crying this morning in the peace and quiet before my husband wakes. I went to a pet loss support group on Thursday night and I don't know if it helped, it's made me revisit this intense grief again and I really don't want to define Duncan's life by his last month with this horrendous disease, or even his last moments watching him die, but I can't help it. I pray that he was already unaware of what was going on in those last moments because I was sobbing already and didn't/couldn't provide the quiet, calm, peaceful environment they say you should... I have some guilt over that and hope he wasn't scared by my crying and draping him with my body.
I'm just feeling very sad today and miss my sweet boy. :*(
Old 02-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #38 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Duncan was good looking boy and was lucky having you as his best friend. You are doing the best thing possible by sharring your feelings and talking with other gsd owners. You will always remember duncan as he will you.
Loneforce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #39 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dotfrag Send a message via Yahoo to dotfrag

I am so sorry to hear about your baby. It may have ended up being harder for you but the fact you were there when Duncan passed and saw him through it must have made it so much easier for him. I had to have my baby boy put down last week and my mind is still racing, my heart hurts and I can't figure out how to make it feel any better.

I know that in time it will get better, each person just needs to heal in their own way. Tears will be replaced with fond memories and will turn the sadness of death into the celebration of life.

Take care.

Rest In Peace
Orson Wood (12 y/o) -- 04/17/1999 - 02/09/2012
dotfrag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #40 (permalink)

I've had a couple of hard days. It would have been Duncan's 10th birthday yesterday. Next week it'll be 3 months since he left us. The pain has subsided a bit but I still want so badly to hold him and kiss him. I think about him and the tears just fall. I miss him so much. Happy Birthday, buddy! I love you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.