Hemangiosarcoma took my boy too soon - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2011, 11:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

OMG, I am SO sorry! That just totally sucks.
Cassidy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2011, 10:48 AM   #22 (permalink)

Oh I'm so sorry for you having to lose two dogs in such a short time, losing one is beyond devastating. I am so, so sorry. We had almost 3 weeks to "cope" with impending loss, but to have one week or just have them collapse from a bleed with no signs of disease? Wow. Please know you are in my thoughts, and Gypsy is in my thoughts and I hope Duncan found Casey to play with at the bridge.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #23 (permalink)

I'm just going to use my thread here to get my feelings out... I hope this pain and feeling of just emptiness starts to ease. I know I'll miss Duncan for the rest of my life, but just last night, I went grocery shopping and cried all the way home, like sobbed, cried like I was a child. Life is going on and Duncan's not with us like he should be and it's not fair. I want him back!! I miss his sweet face, how hilarious he was, how he felt against my leg in bed with us when I fell asleep... I miss everything about him. I have my other dog and my cat and I'm trying to lavish attention on them like crazy to ease their pain and mine, but love for each dog is different, just like people. I just plain old miss Duncan. I'm so sad.... I'm also at work, so before I get to sobbing and making my cubicle mates severely uncomfortable, I'll leave it at that. I'm sure everyone understands this feeling.... Thanks for listening.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Knighted Member

For me, time helps, but I still cry every single day. At least now it is usually just a few tears, a pain in my heart and some anger for having lost him at such a young age. For the longest time it was full out sobbing, can't catch your breath, feels like an elephant is sitting on your chest, multiple times a day. That still happens, but not as often as it used to. For the first couple of months I would curl up in Remo's dog bed and just cry for ridiculous amounts of time. I still do this once in a while too. It is very weird, but it seems comforting to me.

It is amazing the grip that these dogs have on our hearts and souls. Be extra good to yourself.

Lea

Good Dogs for Good Homes
Virginia German Shepherd Rescue
www.shepherdrescue.org
Remo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #25 (permalink)

It's been 3 weeks today since Duncan moved on. I still cry every day, just not ALL day. It's so random, like yesterday I was putting clothes away and just BAM - it hit me. It'll be a sound or glancing at a picture, or just nothing at all. My heart is still heavy with grief and I miss him so much. I still do have Chloe our Eskie and our cat that provide so much love and friendship and joy and I try to give them as much affection as they let me. I think Chloe is just starting to come out of her grief period, as she'd been acting aloof and just "off". A few moments after Duncan passed, she came and laid next to him on her back so they were head to head and she barked and then got up and ran upstairs. I think she was saying "get up, please!". These precious souls come into our lives and it's so hard to let them go. Oh how I miss and love you Duncan. Forever.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #26 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I know exactly how you feel. My Zeus died from this horrible cancer as well, the only good thing that came out of this was he gave us another 4 months to prepare ourselves. My husband and I often talk about Zeus, how great he was.

Only time can ease the pain. Zeus died the day before his 9th birthday.

You are in my thoughts.
Zeus 2000-2009
Odin 2010-2011
Josie/Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2012, 12:57 AM   #27 (permalink)

I also know how you feel, we lost our Jazzy to this awful disease just 4 days ago...I would sell my soul to have our beautiful girl back, but I suppose God needed her more than us...We just got to "rent" her for a little while, and it was the happiest 6 years of our lives...My heart goes out to you and the other wonderful people on here who understand what we are all going through...
JazzyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2012, 01:08 AM   #28 (permalink)

Tears from me to you

RIP HANA 2003-12/30/2011
sheps4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotachloe View Post
I'm just going to use my thread here to get my feelings out... I hope this pain and feeling of just emptiness starts to ease. I know I'll miss Duncan for the rest of my life, but just last night, I went grocery shopping and cried all the way home, like sobbed, cried like I was a child. Life is going on and Duncan's not with us like he should be and it's not fair. I want him back!! I miss his sweet face, how hilarious he was, how he felt against my leg in bed with us when I fell asleep... I miss everything about him. I have my other dog and my cat and I'm trying to lavish attention on them like crazy to ease their pain and mine, but love for each dog is different, just like people. I just plain old miss Duncan. I'm so sad.... I'm also at work, so before I get to sobbing and making my cubicle mates severely uncomfortable, I'll leave it at that. I'm sure everyone understands this feeling.... Thanks for listening.

Keep talking about your boy! It really does help!
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2012, 01:42 AM   #30 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I am so sorry for your loss. My Arwen was also nine. She had no symptoms really. That morning, she did not eat all of her food, but she went running and playing in the field like my puppy. When I came home from the shepherd meeting, she did not greet me at the gate of her kennel. I went in and she was lying on her cot, dead. I wailed into to the night. Arwen was my heart-dog, my special, special girl. And losing her was like losing a part of myself. I certainly understand the feeling of being broken in half. All I can say is that your grief is normal. I think it is a testament to how special the bond was between you and your dog.

It has been two years this month since Arwen passed away. I don't know that there are that many days that go by that I do not think about her for one reason or another. Today my contractor mentioned her, said she did not like him. I would have chewed his head off if he said anything negative about her. It is not a raw gaping wound now though.

It is the one thing about our dogs that is unbearable, that they only live so long. I am really sorry.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.