Hemangiosarcoma took my boy too soon - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2011, 04:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Such a cruel swift disease that has taken so many way too soon. Duncan was obviously well loved and will be sorely missed.
Stosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

I am so sorry for your loss! Yes, it is a terrible disease but take comfort in the fact that you did all that you could for him and were there with him until the end! I lost my Carleigh Dec. 9, 2010 to hemangiosarcoma. I still cry almost daily. May you find peace in your beautiful memories of him!
Old 12-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

oh no another member of the club that nobody wants to belong to. after a lifetime of these dogs i had my first experience with hemangio with my wonderful rescue boy from this board, the shepster. i am so very, very sorry for your great loss. they are all so incredibly special. perhaps when the time is right you can open your heart and your home to another one. RIP beautiful boy Duncan.

take good care, many blessings.
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
voodoo lily (dsh) & cricket (african grey~RIP 7/13)

Last edited by katieliz; 12-27-2011 at 07:43 PM.
katieliz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

I am so very sorry. How heartbreaking. Go give that sweet Eskie an extra kiss. My deepest condolences.
chelle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #15 (permalink)

I am so grateful for all of the support from everyone on this board. It's a club no one wants to belong to, but commiseration is comforting if we have to have this in common. I never knew about this horrible disease until almost a month ago. I hate how I had to watch this beautiful creature slowly lose the brightness in his eyes. I thought we would have more than 19 days after the splenectomy. So did our doctors, as they didn't see any metastasis during the surgery.
We are blessed with friends and family that know our dogs are our fur kids (we don't have children) and so acknowledge and appreciate that we'd do anything for them and the loss we are feeling is so profound. We got lots of cards of condolences and so we decided to make sort of photo thank you cards online expressing our thanks. I did that tonight and at first going through photos put a smile on my face, seeing puppy pictures and other pictures of shenanigans. The finished card just made me sob. I miss him so much and I don't WANT to live without him. I want him back!!!! Ugh, this is so much harder than I'd ever imagined.
I'm trying to love up my other pets and appreciate each day of life in general because it can be gone in an instant. I have no regrets and I know that Duncan felt loved and I'm glad he died at home in our arms. I'm just so sad that it had to happen at all. I'm so very sad.... had to go in the bathroom at work and cry today. The emotions bubble up at unfortunate times. Luckily my coworkers understand.
Again, thank you for the kind words. It truly does help because you all know how amazing these dogs are. I'm sorry we all have to be in this horrible club.
dakotachloe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #16 (permalink)

Duncan, I loved you from the moment I first saw you to the moment your heart beat its last and will continue loving you and missing you until we meet again.
Attached Thumbnails
Hemangiosarcoma took my boy too soon-duncan-chloe.jpg   Hemangiosarcoma took my boy too soon-img_0437.jpg   Hemangiosarcoma took my boy too soon-duncan1.jpg  
dakotachloe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotachloe View Post
Duncan, I loved you from the moment I first saw you to the moment your heart beat its last and will continue loving you and missing you until we meet again.
And you WILL meet again! Duncan was a beautiful, beautiful boy!!!!!!!

The pic with him and the Eskie,,,

I'm so glad you have the support of coworkers and family... but I'm sure the pain is still so intense. I dread the day. Dread, dread, dread. I'm really sorry you're going thru this. You will see your boy again. You will. No doubt whatsoever about that.
chelle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Crowned Member

shep was diagnosed just before memorial day, and let me know it was time to go on june 9th. it was shocking how quickly everything progressed. that was in 2010 and i still stroke his picture and cry.
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
voodoo lily (dsh) & cricket (african grey~RIP 7/13)
katieliz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I lost my Casey Oct 20, 2011 to hemangiosarcoma and now I am losing my other girl Gypsy who was diagnosed with cancer a week ago. She is going down hill fast and we will probably have to put her down by Fri.
She is suffering and is on pain meds.
In hind sight, it is better the way Casey went. A lot less suffering.
I am sorry for your dog and for you. German Shepherds have a lot of health problems.
I am still mourning Casey and feel completely devastated with having to put Gypsy down.
GSDLoverII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
Crowned Member

GYPSY has Colorectal adenocarcinoma.
I feel like I am dying inside.
I love my dogs more than life.
GSDLoverII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.