German Shepherds Forum banner

Maggie 10 wonderful years

3K views 47 replies 44 participants last post by  GSD10 
#1 ·
Just letting you know that we made a very tough decision last night to go ahead and let Maggie go. In some ways knowing about the cancer for the last 5 1/2 months was easier than letting one go in an emergency situation but in other ways it was terrible.

Maggie still played with her Cuz went pee and poop, barked at the construction worker at our window and laid on the floor with us just before we took her. Just like any other day in her life. Sadly her body just wouldn't let her eat and keep the food down. She had wasted away to nothing but throughout all of this, she has remained pain free and just our regular normal sweet Maggie. Yesterday she began vomiting everything up again. We had to force feed her for several days. It was time.

Once again, cancer has taken the life of a wonderful family member who we will always love.

This has been a roller coaster of emotions for us. She was with us for ten wonderful years. Always sweet, kind and loving even through this terrible disease. Words can't express the pain and loss we feel.
We'd like to thank everyone here for all of your help and suggestions when we needed fresh ideas. I know many of you have been through the same situations. It is never easy.
We'll always love you Maggie and hope and pray you are now cancer free.
You've always worn an honorary halo because you have been such a good girl throughout your life. Now it is a real one.

See less See more
#2 ·
What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful dog! Sent chill down my spine..

I'm so sorry for your loss..

God bless you and the family!

Tanya

#4 ·
Oh, Robbie!
Prayers going out to you and your family right now. Sweet Maggie was so very deeply loved. Thank you for sharing her with us. It is so hard to lose them to such a disease. Wishing you some comfort in time at the cherished memories of your wonderful, loving Maggie. Run free, sweet angel
Maggie.

#5 ·
Robbie, I'm sorry. Your family has been through the wringer these last few months, but through it all you have been faithful to your dear Maggie. She could have no better, no more loyal and dedicated companions with whom to share her life and her love.

You know that Maggie has been in my prayers for quite a while. You shall remain in mine. Please be gentle with yourselves. I wish there were something I could do or say. Know this: you are in my heart.

Lori

#8 ·
I'm so sorry Robbie. You're right, it's never easy, no matter how many years we have with them. RIP sweet girl.

#10 ·
Oh no, my heart just sank when I saw this thread. I'm so sorry. RIP beautiful Maggie.

#13 ·
I have been checking in daily to see how Maggie is doing..and was so saddened to see this tonight. I am so very sorry!! Like Kathy just said above, it seems that there are too many going to the Rainbow Bridge lately.

Debbie

#21 ·
I am SO sorry for your loss. I found this web site through the loss of my girl of 11 years on June 29th. Cancer also. It's so very hard to say goodbye, but I am glad this web site exits. It is helpful to know there are so many others out there that really understand what a loss it is.

#23 ·
I'm very sorry. I wonder if anyone can beat cancer in a dog. I lost my jazmin three days before her 10th bday after a harrowing six month battle against cancer. I hate that word. I often wonder if I went too far in trying to keep her alive, amputation and all. I know how you feel, I'm very sorry. I wish that horrible word wasn't a reality to so many of us.

#25 ·
Thanks for letting us know about Maggie - not only now, but in the past. I have been reading her thread the whole time and thought of her and you everytime I was on this site.

I'm glad you had this extra 5 1/2 months even though they may have been difficult many times. You are in my thoughts.

RIP Maggie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.