Kramer....(posting for Jean) - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2008, 11:21 PM   #31 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default Re: Kramer....(posting for Jean)

Ditto: this really sucks.

My dad's cancer has spread to his liver. I picked out one supplement that I hoped he would take, and it was IP6 with inositol. He won't take it, but something maybe for Kramer.

I'm so sorry Jean

LisaT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2008, 11:25 PM   #32 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I keep looking here for updates.

Kramer is Jean's first and he beat death in a big way a while back. He is the kind of dog who seems to be invincible because he's got that super strong personality. He's a super dog like my Cleo is a super kitty. Cleo is on my arm as a I type and Chama is one bed over snoring away. Their lives are so short and so precarious and precious and we love them so much.

Rafi the malaroo
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/693238
Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
BowWowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 12:10 AM   #33 (permalink)
Master Member

All of us here are sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

marksmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 12:41 AM   #34 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: jmarksAll of us here are sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.
same here

GSD's
Allie, gotcha 7/2007

Forever our angels
Meeka, b. 10/31/94-11/25/06
Kelso, b. 9/3/2006-2/09/12
kelso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 07:00 AM   #35 (permalink)
dd
Crowned Member

Jean - sad news. Thinking of you and sending best wishes. It's good to know you have solid emotional support all around you.

Best,

dd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 07:18 AM   #36 (permalink)
Crowned Member

The Irrepressible, Imperial, Indestructible, Indomitable King Kramer has his Bavarian cheering section praying for him. Grimmi's paws are crossed for The Chancellor of Chow-Mixes. <span style="color: #CC0000">May this turn out to be just another manageable, live-with-it thing for The King</span>, beloved ruler of Jean's Packistan. Jean, sending hugs (and prayers your way. Nothing ever beats The King, unless he wants it to. He is strong-- and so many prayers are coming his way!

Grimm van den Heuvel, aka "The Doofinator"
My strong-minded, very loving boy
Brightelf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 08:48 AM   #37 (permalink)
Qyn
Knighted Member

Thanks for the information but I'm not assuming anything until we know exactly what is going on. There are a lot of possibilities and I'm hoping for the best. Luv ya Kramer!!

GSD - Quynne, born 29 sept 2004
MalteseXPoodle - Buddy, adopted Jan 2004 - RIP 14 May, 2009 9-11yo
Galah - Birdie-girl - adopted in 1999 when she was approx 12yo
Qyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 09:51 AM   #38 (permalink)
The Rescues Rule Administrator

Thanks so much to all of you. Thanks, Melinda for posting.

We were gone for 8 hours yesterday! He's still a little tired today-so am I actually. We started at the regular vet office for bloodwork and x-rays. Then he miraculously got an ultrasound appointment (where Angie went last week), and before we left he got fluids and http://www.oxyglobin.com/ there, and then they shaved his belly so he wouldn't have to have that done at the other vet office. Because we all knew that their tech wouldn't lay on the floor and shave him while he was standing. King Kramer has many subjects.

On the way there, I decided to test food with him again-he had refused it and water after his 9 am "unplugging." I almost lost a finger at McDonald's but it was so good to see him eat.

The ultrasound was not as traumatic as the last one he had, til the end when she was double checking everything. He'd had enough and started snapping, just hoping he could connect with someone or something. But he did well overall. He even ate their crappy treats after he was so hungry.

The Dr. explained that there was a tumor, and if you think of your liver as a hand, where you can take any finger off and still have your hand, his tumor is where your hand meets your wrist-so you couldn't take your wrist off and leave your hand. It's significant in size, unknown as to malignancy-I believe-I have to ask about that, because I am willing to get some transfer factors and stuff for him, but if it's benign and it's just the size of it that is putting him at risk, they won't do much, I guess (????).

She then explained that this morning, some of it bled out-there was evidence of that on the U/S and that would be like us going to give blood and they take 3 pints instead of 1 and forget to give us cookies and juice. That is the kind of thing I saw at 9am, and that had I not been home, I may have noticed when I got home that he was a little logey but he would have been better as the body reabsorbed the blood. So he's kind of transfusing himself, unfortunately if the tumor is malignant, he's also reseeding that cancer.

You guys probably know this! I am just typing it out so I can make sense of it. I had those Charlie Brown teacher talking to me moments a lot yesterday. I haven't called the vet yet today.

I also had him Reiki'd yesterday (distance Reiki) while we were at the vet office, before the fluids and oxyglobin, and I swear I saw an improvement, even before I knew she had done it. He got up to greet one of the receptionists who came in to see him, and looked more alert. Weird stuff.

Anyway, the really crappy kind of news is that the estimate in terms of time is very short, from basically any minute from here on out to at the longest, a month.

But Kramer will do what Kramer wants to do when he wants to do it, as much as possible. When he is no longer able to do that, I will step in, but I am hoping that this will be on his terms as much as he has tried to control everything for the 15 years he's been with me. I am really hoping he can healthily make a birthday celebration in mid-January, but whatever works for him, works for me. That's our agreement.

Until then, I am going to try to feed him a healthy diet that he will enjoy (I think it's supposed to be veggies and meats-no rice or potatoes???), will see if I can get those supplements http://www.dogcancer.net/diet.html that do have that IP6 (and LisaT-I am SO sorry about your dad ), and let Kramer be Kramer. We're going to keep our routines too-he'll go Friday for his Adequan...I am glad though, in a weird way, to know.

We both got up to potty at 4 and were surprised to see:
What in the world?!?!? SO glad it wasn't like this yesterday as we traveled through 3 counties!

Coat of diamonds:

Then this morning-more! For crying out loud!

I took this on Saturday-or Sunday-one of those days! And was thinking how I got a picture of him in good health:

So thank you all, each, again for all your good thoughts and kindness. I will keep you posted.
JeanKBBMMMAAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 10:48 AM   #39 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Jean, I am so sorry.....

Let me know if I can help in any way.

SG1 Wisp von Schneiden Fels CA CGC TC HIC aka "Riva"
VP1 Chase vom Mittelwest II
Cooper, Rio, Piper, Kayto & Flirt
agilegsds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 10:56 AM   #40 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Big hugs to King Kramer and Jean.

Niko had the same thing. The vet said hours, maybe a few days. Not to go far from home on walks. Well, we got almost 4 happy months. I fed him a high protein, low carb diet. He had weekly B12 shots, fluids, Baytril, and steriods. He was the talk of the vet's office. The miracle dog.

Kryska's Ironwill Steel Train SD (Siberian Husky)
Mila (GSD) Adopted from BDBH.

Waiting at the bridge:
Lady Jane Cobb (GSD - age 15)
Sasha (Siberian Husky - age 13)
Niko (Siberian Husky - age 14)
Wooly Bear (Siberian Husky - age 13)
LJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.