German Shepherds Forum banner

Kramer....(posting for Jean)

61K views 778 replies 144 participants last post by  Kayos and Havoc 
#1 ·
Not sure where to post this. I know where I am refusing to post this. Jean will likely not be online this evening. I am posting this with her permission, and I know this family's show of support fo JeanPakistan will help her through this.
Kramer has acted a little lame the past few days, which Jean chalked up to the cold, ice, snow, hard to get around in/on. Gave him Metacam, seemed ok.
Today he was full of malarky at 7, enjoying Mariele chasing him around. (Only dog to get away with that it her- the dog with a screw loose and "drain bamage." LOL) By 9-ish, he was stumbling. Went to vet. "His" vet on vacation, saw other vet. Anemic, and something else. Got a shot of something, I forget what Jean said. Had abdominal ultrasound late afternoon. (Done at another vet entirely.)

It kills me to write this. Kramer has a liver tumor. Due to location it is inoperable. It is one of 3 things- spawn of the liver tumor he already beat, or hemangiosarcoma, or another type altogether.
She did go back to the other vet, and talked. She had a list of questions, but forgot to bring them in. Vet knows/understands that alot has been thrown at Jean, and is calling her tomorrow to talk more. It could be a day, a month, who knows.
Jean is re-grouping, and will post tomorrow after she speaks with the vet.
Basic plan is, manage any symptoms, and maximize his quality while maintaining his dignity, and position as supreme ruler of JeanPakistan. All plans will be centered around making his time count. Spaghetti and pizza, trips to the cemetary.

See less See more
#52 ·
<span style="color: #3333FF">Oh my gosh! I just found this!!!

Such sad news,

Jean I hope Kramer is able to celebrate his birthday with you. He's such a fighter who has been through so much,and has a great mommy battling with him.

to you. I am here if you need anything.

Take care my friend.
</span>

#53 ·
Canon therapy!

I love the Diamond Studded Kramer picture. It just suits him. The pic you took last weekend is VERY nice too. As always I am sure all will be that will be by Kramer's terms.

Let me know if you need anything.

#54 ·
OH my gosh Kramer is one of my three favorite dogs EVER on this site.
This is terrible news, I agree with the advice to love every minute of him now.
Prayers out to the pack.

#55 ·
Thank you all again. Everyone is so kind and also has good information; your thoughts and prayers are being felt-he's having a nice day.

I will ask about the blood thickening idea. We see his vet on Friday. I will have a list.

We did more Canon therapy. He HAD to go in the back with the very deep snow, to poop. But he did it! It is really cold so he did half his normal walk and allowed me to help his frozen legs up the steps.

He didn't want a dog food breakfast so I went with the reserve cheesburger! He ate that no problem. So I went through the freezer and he helped me make a "meatcake" for him. That will be his main meal for a few days. Meat, veggies, eggs and pupkin (ooh that's a bad typo-pumpkin) with some provolone on top baked. How many ounces should he get?

I guess I won't detail his bm or urination for the day
but I'm thankful for both!

I really really do appreciate your feelings for Kramer. And your support. Thanks again.

#56 ·
Oh Jean, I haven't been on that much. I am so so sorry to hear that the King Kramer has the "C" word. I am glad you started him on the Ped.

I would try 8 oz's twice a day and see how it goes or three 5 oz feedings.

Hugs to you and your pack and a special smooch for Kramer.

Val

#57 ·
I am so sorry Jean, that you are needing to find your inner strength and peace right now to even do everyday things. I think when we are doing our very best to care for a senior who's going through a tough situation, we are kind of doing the out-of-body thing to do daily stuff in our lives, while our hearts remain 110% connected with the dog. I am wishing you strength, hope, and peace right now. May Kramer's good days be more often than you expect.. and may he have more time with you than you anticipate.

Such a wonderfully spoiled guy Kramer is! Thank you for the update, Jean. This is so terribly difficult for you I know. Maybe the vet will have ideas for making him comfy, extending time, making things better in any way for both Kramer and you. May he enjoy his meatcakes with the goodie ingredients! That would make anyone feel better!

#58 ·
For a 50ish pound raw fed dog would eat about a pound a day so I think Val would be about right on with two 8 oz or three 5 ounce servings. I have to admit KK dinner sounded better than mine!

#60 ·
Just checking in to see how things are going for you and Kramer...know that we are all with you both in spirit and love...Will be checking in off and on to see how you both are doing...

That boy has been a special guy right from the start...THANK YOU for sharing him with us...we are here for you both...Hugs, Judy

#63 ·
Originally Posted By: Brightelf.....Kramer does Liberace! LOVE the diamonds pic. .... Prayers and good vibes coming your way for you and Mr. Diamonds.
I, too, love the diamonds pic. However, I can more picture Bruno borrowing clothes from Liberace. He's Jean's "crushed velvet smoking jacket, in a loverly shade of burgundy" dog.
LOL!

#67 ·
Been thinking about you both all day. My heart is heavy, especially as I look at Murphy... She sends extra special hugs and healing thoughts to her fellow senior, King Kramer.

#68 ·
Aww, Jean. So much to absorb. I will be carrying you and Kramer with me through this and hoping for the strength you will both need.

I am also in the 'diamond Kramer' fan club -

Hugs for Kramer and please get rest for yourself. And we'll look at all the pictures you want to take of the pack.

#69 ·
I'm so sorry to hear this news, Jean. I've been offline for about a week and have just caught up. I hope that King Kramer has many more happy days with you and the Packistan. He seems like such a special guy. All these people pulling for him. His character always shines through in the photos you take of him.

My fuzzy crew and I send you both the best.

#71 ·
I just found this thread that HRH King Kramer, Grand Poobah of the Universe, Lord of All that is Good, is ailing and wanted to add my warm thoughts and prayers for both him and Jean.

Those pictures of you are BEAUTIFUL (as usual), especially the one with you in the diamond coat!!!

Hang in there Big Boy - the Hooligans & I love ya!!! LONG LIVE THE KING!!!

#72 ·
What great pictures of Kramer. Love the "diamonds" on his coat. How beautiful and fitting.

Hope Jean, Kramer and the pack are celebrating a wonderful New Year's together

#73 ·
How great you all are. It really does help. I am glad people think Kramer is as special as I think he is.

Gayle-so good to see you here-I was just thinking of your year and how rough it was.
Thanks for coming back on to support HRH.

That meatcake did look pretty good! He really enjoyed it. I even got all his pills in at supper! Thanks for the measurement help. I might even splurge and get him some ground buffalo meat for the next one-any reason that might not be a good idea?

I'm up right now because he's been coughing. I was googling, and it could be his heart-I have no idea though. His heart and lungs both looked good on the x-ray and ultrasound, however, at the time, his heartrate was not strong. Or it might be a little URI. I am going to get him on an antibiotic today-I have 3 different ones from Nina that I saved, so I am going to call the emergency number and talk to the vet he saw-she's on call today-and see if any of those will work for him. I want him on one anyway since he's on pred. but was going to wait until his appt. on Friday. I was looking at this as well if it is his heart: http://us.merial.com/pet_owners/dogs/products_enacard.asp Anyone????

I am wondering if the Proin is a good thing or a bad thing to be on at this point. Things to add to my Friday vet visit list!

And I NEVER do this, because I am so afraid (and that's why I've been up for the past hour-keeping an eye on him) of a side effect and having to confess-but I did give him some Clavamox at about 3:30 am to try to help with the cough. He's been on that two other times and has been okay. The other two abx I have he's not been on. But he's not coughed in about 35 minutes-and he's always had a fast reaction to Clavamox, so I am hoping! He just had a cough, but not as long or as deep as previous hacks.

I gave it to him in meatcake-and he ate all around it-but ate all the meatcake again-so appetite is good. I gave it to him in baby food. Hoping that will work more than once!

I also read you can give a dog Robotussin, and I don't think I have it, but wouldn't dare try that without permission. I may take a shot of Nyquil though!

LJ's mom-were you paranoid about the exertion like when your dog barked, or got excited?

I am going to try to get some more rest-and want to thank you all again. Happy New Year!

#74 ·
First place I came this AM is here to check on the King.
Jean
Kramer. I can't begin to make suggestions, I'm sorry Jean, just do what you think is best and we'll all support you in what you try for keeping him comfortable.

#75 ·
Sending a lotta good prayers and vibes here Jean and King Kramer. I keep checking in to see if there is any news. The coughing-- that is scary I am sure. Is he on any new meds? Or sorta-recently new meds? Just thinking here. Heart sounds a possibility, but just wondering if it may be a reaction rather than an infection? In any event, abx is not a bad idea-- a fast response to Clavamox is a good thing!

More and more and yet MORE heaps o' prayers pouring in from Bavaria across the ocean to Kramer's royal palace and his doggy and human enterage. May everyone infuse him with positive, healing energy to make his good days even better.

Thinking lots of YOU Jean-- hoping that you are able to sleep, knowing that you are listening for coughing... wishing you deep sleep. Kramer feels so loved and cared for. Please eat well and drink enough, too. If Kramer were a person, he'd prolly bop you with his royal scepter until you did! (and until you brought him another sumptuous meatcake) Prayers are streaming across the Atlantic to HRH King Kramer..... will check in later.

#76 ·
Just got off work myself and I admit I had hoped for different news. Nevertheless, Kramer has the best guardian he could possibly have and that means a very great deal.

Hugs to Jean, Kramer and the rest of the Pakistan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.