German Shepherds Forum banner

VA Alex is missing!!!! One of our board GSDs

9K views 111 replies 40 participants last post by  Mandalay 
#1 ·
Alex dug out of our brand new 8 foot fence (for him specifically) yesterday when I took my inlaws puppy to the vet for her first shots.
We have contacted and visited animal control and the spca. He is on dog detective, petfinder, ineighbor and craigslist as missing.

Some people say they saw him at the beach yesterday, and one kid said today he saw him at the beach with some small brown dog. Not sure if that was Alex though.

We hung up posters and handed them out everywhere, and not ONE response.

We are devastated....

See less See more
#77 ·
Re: FOUND!!!! Alex is missing!!!!

I will be glad to email her. Do I just refer to you as Alex's mom and she'll know who I'm talking about???

#82 ·

I'll bet this is the best present EVER!! I am so glad you got him back safe & sound!

p.s.

I sent a thank you to Betty.

#84 ·

OMG OMG that is great wonderful news I have been thinking about you for days (didn't post though). I am so very happy you have Alex back. I have already emailed her my heartfelt thanks.

#85 ·

such GREAT news! i am so happy for you!

#87 ·

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Alex is HOME!! This so totally makes my holiday!! Congratukations!! And GOOD JOB with the posters and brochures and Craigs List work!!!!!!!

#88 ·

I got a very sweet note back from Betty, the kind soul who has helping Chelsey look for her dog.

Betty said that Chelsey did everything right and that Chelsey worked tirelessly in her efforts to bring Alex home.

I am so happy that Alex is back where he belongs!

It would be very hard for me to not go after the low-life drunk who was holding Alex captive. What a bottom feeder.

Betty also said the Alex is one of the most magnificent dogs that she had ever seen!

#91 ·

Thank you all for your support and responses! Betty is so awesome! I can't say enough good about her!! Thank you to all who emailed her!

Animal Rescue of Tidewater is going to contact the family about matching them with a new buddy for Christmas! Let's keep our paws crossed for them. Otherwise, like I mentioned in one of my other posts, there is a GSD in the Norfolk Animal Control that needs a home, and I believe he will be going to Virginia German Shepherd Rescue if he isn't adopted. He has been in the back of my mind as well!

Alex is doing great! He remembered the spot where the cats always hide as soon as he got home. It was so funny! He has been sleeping a lot. We are so happy as we will be off to New Hampshire for the Hoildays!!
I wish I could send you all a Christmas card! I can't say thank you enough!

#95 ·

Tears of joy here!

#100 ·

Wow, that is so nice to hear that he is back home! I don't even want to know what that feels like to go through this. But it is such a relief that you found him! It really paid off putting those flyers up! Kudos to Matt as well. He could have just brushed it off.

#101 ·

YOU LIVE NEAR ME , AND IM SO HAPPY HE IS HOME , I SAW IT ON CRAIG'S LIST AS I watch for gsd who might be in trouble, this is a great surprise, but now you need to get id for the dog, chip or tatooe, maybe leased unless you are with him, as he is to friendly with strangers. He went thru at least 3 sets of people, so maybe just limit him to only one person in a small area for awhile, and get him on alert before he goes near another person. My dogs would never take off with a strange as your guy did, but he is young,so its work time.If you want this to stop. 1 person feed, walk, let out,and NO ONE else for about 6 mths around him and then its done, he will adjust but will take his commands from that person. best wish for the hoildays

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.