German Shepherds Forum banner

Claremont, NH Fellow rescuer needs help!

8K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  Strana1 
#1 ·
From: Leigh Clark <_clark@aamds.org_ (mailto:clark@aamds.org) >

Hello,

My name is Leigh Clark and I am a volunteer with Mid- Atlantic German
Shepherd Rescue, http://www.magsr.org. Recently, one of our beloved dogs was
visiting family in in Claremont, NH and is now lost. She was last seen
October 20, 2008 near downtown Claremont, approx. 5 miles where she got away
from her owner. We are DESPERATE to find her.

Mercy lives in Maryland and doesn't know the area. She doesn't stay in a
radius and her traveling pattern is linear. Any help you can offer would
be greatly appreciated.be greatly appreciated.<WBR>We are DESPERA
appreciate any help or advise you can offer.

Since we are in Maryland, our knowledge of pet trackers and others we could
enlist to help is limited. I am attaching a flyer and ask if you could
please possibly post to your website and send to other rescues who may be able to help as well.

Mercy is microchipped and was last seen still with her collar on which has
our MAGSR tag. Please free to call me anytime- (H) 443-203-6346 or (W)
800-747-2820 or (C) 410-533-6699.

Thank you,

Leigh Clark
Donna
FBC

(I've written to offer help and ask for photos.)

See less See more
#2 ·
Claremont, NH Fellow rescuer needs help! PHOTO

----- Original Message -----
To: DonnaJ
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 10:54 AM
Subject: RE: Dog in Claremont, NH

Donna,

Thank you so much for your help and posting Mercy to the forum. I have attached Mercy’s flyer. If you would like additional pictures-I can get them for you. Do you know of any pet trackers in the area? Do you have any volunteer members near Claremont that may be willing to post flyers?

Thanks again,
Leigh

Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 10:42 AM
To: Leigh Clark
Subject: Dog in Claremont, NH

Hi Leigh,

I'm with GSRNE and live in Boston. Your plea for help came through our general list. Do you have any photos? Has anyone made any posters? Maybe I can help with this if you haven't. Let me know what else you need.

Thanks,
Donna
Boston, MA

ps I've also got her posted on a shepherd forum so people in that area will be aware, but photos will help tremendously. I lost my shepherd two years ago and recovered him 2 days later as the result of a poster at a supermarket in town with his photo on it.

My God, she's beautiful!

#3 ·
Re: Claremont, NH Fellow rescuer needs help! PHOTO

More photos and story on their website:

http://www.magsr.org/mercyhelp.htm

Meet Mercy. She is a sweet older lady who needs your help. She has been missing since Wednesday, October 15, 2008. She was visiting her owners relatives in New Hampshire and a door was accidently left open and she went out to explore the world. She was spotted five days later on October 20th approximately 5 miles from where she became lost, but unfortunately hasn't been seen since. The police and animal control in the county where she is lost have been notified. An ad has also been taken out in the local paper. According to her owner, she was still wearing her collar which has her MAGSR tag on it. If you see her, or if you know of anyone who may be able to help (search and rescue or tracking dogs) please contact Monty Moore ( monty.moore@gmail.com ). If you do see her, please do not chase her! It is getting very cold in woods of New Hampshire and it is hunting season. We all want to see this pretty and sweet girl returned to her owner as soon as possible and without harm. Thank you very much for your help!

LOTS of photos of this dog:

http://www.magsr.org/dogs/mercy.html

And here is a map of the Clarmemont, NH area in case you're not familiar with it.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Claremont&state=NH

#4 ·

I've posted her plea on GSRNE's home page along with a link here so people can post here if they see her or have more info. If you'd rather I link directly to your site, please let me know.

Chris

#6 ·

I've forwarded all the info, photo links, and poster to a friend of mine that lives right in Claremont - I'm sure he'll post around town.

#7 ·
Re: Claremont, NH Fellow rescuer needs help! PHOT

Thanks, GT. I was told that the ACO is also very aware of this guy. I don't think there are any posters in this area, though. Unfortunately, the rescue discovered the missing dog very late so 11 days are lost to the search, but never hurts to keep trying. I also checked through petfinder to be sure he wasn't posted on a shelter list.

#8 ·

Update:

On Nov 3, 2008, at 1:41 PM, Leigh Clark wrote:

Hi Donna,

GREAT NEWS- we had a call today from the ACO- Mercy was spotted yesterday at the local golf course. Oddly enough, it’s the golf course where her adopted was playing the day she took off. Sounds like she may have picked up on his scent and is looking for him. This has given all of us new hope as the last time she was seen was on October 20th. We have a crew going up on Wednesday ( pet tracker, too) and the ACO will be leaving food and water around the golf course hopefully keeping her in that area. With any luck the ACO will get her. I will keep you updated. Keep your fingers crossed.

Leigh

#9 ·

I'm so glad to hear some happy news for a change! I will be praying for a safe return.

#16 ·

My thoughts and prayers are with her and all her rescue angels. Please keep us posted.

#17 ·

Originally Posted By: 4dognightI will have to check the search/rescue dog has her in a 1.5 mile radius Traps was set with hot dogs all around and in the trap She apparently ate all the hotdogs around the trap but not in it.
humm..ate all the hot dogs around the trap...shes a smart girl too!!!! I really hope you catch her soon. She is one precious girl!!

#18 ·

<span style="color: #660000">Leigh is looking for volunteers who are in the Claremont, NH area to help with retrieving rescue dog Mercy. Please contact her if you can help!!!:</span> clark@aamds.org

On Nov 10, 2008, at 12:32 PM, Leigh Clark wrote:

Hi Donna,

NO luck bringing Mercy home this weekend but we know she is in a specific area- tracking dog picked up scent and at least one person in the area has been leaving food out for her. Just haven’t been able to catch her. Does GSRNE have any volunteers in the Claremont area?

Thanks,

Leigh

#19 ·

Anymore sightings? I am getting more worried as the temperatures begin to fall.

#24 ·

On Dec 1, 2008, at 3:07 PM, Leigh Clark wrote:

Hi Donna,

Hope you and your family had a nice Thanksgiving. Mercy is still missing but has been seen several times over the week. She is very thin and still has on her red collar. We are not giving up on catching her and bringing her home. Can you please update your forum and website? I will keep you updated – we currently have MAGSR volunteers in NH searching and looking into potential leads. Keeps your fingers crossed.

Thanks,

Leigh

Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: Dog in Claremont, NH

Hi Leigh,

Any news on Mercy?

Thanks,
Donna

#25 ·

On Dec 1, 2008, at 3:07 PM, Leigh Clark wrote:

Hi Donna,

Hope you and your family had a nice Thanksgiving. Mercy is still missing but has been seen several times over the week. She is very thin and still has on her red collar. We are not giving up on catching her and bringing her home. Can you please update your forum and website? I will keep you updated – we currently have MAGSR volunteers in NH searching and looking into potential leads. Keeps your fingers crossed.

Thanks,

Leigh

Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: Dog in Claremont, NH

Hi Leigh,

Any news on Mercy?

Thanks,
Donna

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.