German Shepherds Forum banner

Resources for Lost/Stolen Pets

12K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  car2ner 
#1 ·
I don't know where my previous sticky went!

http://www.findtoto.com/

FindToto™ is a nationwide alert system for lost and stolen pets. Our system contacts your neighbors so they can look for your missing dog, cat or any missing pet. Think of it as the “Amber Alert” for lost or stolen animals.

How does FindToto work?

* We call up to 5,000 of your neighbors within an hour so they're on the lookout for your missing dog, cat or any type of pet.
* Your neighbors hear a description of your pet, a number to call with information, and instrutions to visit FindToto.com to see your pet’s photo and your contact information if they missed it on the message.
* If no one is home, our system leaves a message.
* You choose the number of neighbors you'd like to reach based on your neighborhood.
* FindToto’s Neighborhood calling system centers its broadcast from the numeric address you input on your order form.

See less See more
#2 ·
I just wanted to put in a plug for this service. Friend of mine lost her dog (jumped out of the house window) and searched for 2 days without finding him. I sent her this info last night, and within 15 minutes of the calls going out, she had her dog. He had not been brought to a shelter, but was safe.

#3 ·
Wonderful news! I'm so happy to hear this worked.

My sister told me about this service when Gabby
took off on the transport. It wouldn't have worked where she was, but I thought it looked like a worthwhile service and asked Jean to sticky it here.

Thank you for letting us know it helped.

#4 ·
We (Echo) used this when one of our shy pups bolted from her foster (on the first day). We did get the pup back, though she actually came back on her own (thankfully, she was bonded enough to her brother to come back looking for him).

We did hear from the neighbors of the foster that they had all been contacted and they seemed to be on the look-out.

#6 ·
Findtoto has been great for looking for Vinnie... We found someone else's GSD after a caller said she sighted a GSD on her property and never thought she would need the contact info she got off the FindToto automated call... She said that she thought the owners looking for the dog must be concerned if they went through the trouble to purchase a call system!! Thank you findtoto for helping get a GSD home

#7 ·
I didn't find out about this service until two weeks after my dog went missing. I'm still getting calls for her, haven't had any luck, but to have that many more people out looking for her helps tremendously.

Great service, wish I would have found out sooner about it, but I've been letting everyone know about it. Hopefully soon I can say that it helped find my dog....

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.