German Shepherds Forum banner

LOST /STOLEN FEMALE GSD (NC) PLEASE HELP

9K views 84 replies 20 participants last post by  HorseCrazy3621 
#1 ·
My family's beloved Female GSD, was stolen out of our back yard on 6/18/08. She is a year and a half, about 80 lbs, spayed, black and rust colored, and she doesn't have dew claws on her front legs. She was last seen at my home in Alexander, NC, close to Asheville, NC. If you have any idea where she might be please cont
act me! Here is a pic of Maya!

Thanks for your help!
Rachel Trotter

See less See more
#5 ·
Its only been a week, don't give up hope!! Do you know she was stolen, as in someone saw someone grab her? If not, if she got out on her own...these beauties can jump quite high if they want to, or climb....she may be found. Please go by all the shelters, personally, don't rely on calling them everyone doesn't always know what new dogs came in that day...walk up and down all the rows. Put up flyers, posters everything...in case someone saw her. Call all the vets in the area up to 15-20 miles.

A boxer rescue we work with had a foster go missing this weekend, by that afternoon he was found miles away, that boxer had covered 7.5 miles...so they can go far fast.

#6 ·
I m never giving up on finding Maya! Yes she was stolen, she was seen in a old blue truck going down our road, by a neighbor. She is micro Chipped also, we've put up signs, and everyone is on alert. We've done everything we know to do, now we have to sit here by the phone and wait! Please keep your eyes open for our baby.

Thanks,
Rachel

#7 ·
Hopefully whoever took her will get nervous with all the Lost Dog signs, they might dump her at the shelter, so do keep looking at all your local shelters and even some out of town in case they try to be sneaky and dump her out of town!!

Good luck!!!!! Keep us posted!

#11 ·
I am truly surprised at how bold someone was to take her from your yard. I guess nothing should surprise me, but it does. I hope you find her soon. Good luck and hang in there.

#12 ·
Thansk to all! Yes, we took out a police report, but they said, they will not just go look for her, but if they were to come across her, they would let me know, or if I found where she was, they would help me get her, and then I can press charges.....I have found out that stealing a dog is a Felony...which I didn't know. I hope who ever stole her gets scared and drops her off at a shelter!

Yes, she was stole from my yard, while I was home....I will never put anything past some people....now we all know what can happen, please take care of your babies, I don't want to hear of this happening to another GSD, nor the owner.

#13 ·
Oh, I hope you get her back! I'm so sorry to hear this! I don't like to leave Apollo outside long in our yard, even though it's fenced in & he barks if anyone walks near the fence. But you just never know. Was she real friendly? Did she bark at strangers? Just curious so I can take preventative measures.

I hope you hear good news soon!

#15 ·
I've been to many of the sites you've posted Maya on - good job getting the word out.

May I make 1 more suggestion? Go back to Craig's List and hit every area anywhere near where you are but this time under the Pet Section and Lost/Found - title something to the effect of "Warning - Dog Thief, older Blue truck" - I might miss an ad for a missing dog but I sure as heck would be checking out something about someone who might be stealing dogs. Upon hearing your story, I'd personally be on the phone to everyone I know. Word on the grapevine should move even faster.

It's just a thought and may be more than you wish to disclose for any number of reasons. Pulling for you and Maya.

#16 ·
Thanks for the incouragement IntuitDog. I have talked to everyone I know, and people I don't know, I have talked to 100's of people, many rescue networks, and they mass mailed my flyers for me.....I have met many nice people and many mean people. I was even part a a scam, I was notified, "I HAVE YOUR PET", to find out they told me she was in West Africa.....this was 2 days after Maya was gone.....and that the lady wanted me to send her 300.00 and she would ship Maya back to me. I couldn't beleive it, my family got our hopes up to be crushed again. I wil post again on Craigslist, and my surounding areas, good idea!

Thanks so much for your help!

#19 ·
Originally Posted By: HorseCrazy3621Yes, she was very friendly, I think too friendly. We are getting a new pup soon, and we are going to teach her "Stranger". Most of the time she wouldn't bark, she liked everyone.

Thanks for your thoughts!
I would hesitate to do that.

I would just not let her out unsupervised.

I may go through these threads to see how many dogs have been stolen/gone missing out of their own yards-it seems like a lot. Seems like something I guess people need to be aware of.

#23 ·
Hey, Rachel. Any news at all? I was just wondering- on your fliers, did you mention that Maya was last seen in the bed of a blue truck?

Still thinking of your family and Maya.

#24 ·
Nothing....
No I didn't mention the blue truck, cause we thought, people would only look for blue trucks, and I hope people will look all around...Not only at blue trucks, the men we had under suspision also have 3 other trucks....

Thanks so much for caring, we have no clue as what to do now, my husband went yesterday 1 hr away to HotSprings where the men lived, and drove around, he said he didn't see anything new... We thought that the new would wear off, and they would just tie Maya outside with the other GSD, we will keep checking them out...

I also got word the other day, that my Mass E-Mails have reached Virgina, and we live in NC! Isn't that wonderful!!!!!

Thanks again for everyone's help, I will keep you all updated if I get any news. Lets pray we get GOOD news, and ASAP!

#25 ·
Oh. I see what you mean about the truck deal. You are right, especially if you are suspicious of a certain person or people. I hate that you are going through this. I know that there are people who steal dogs, but I cannot fathom taking another family's pet.

Hang in there.

#26 ·
There's NOW WAY I would ever steal a family pet, it takes a low life to do this to a family and the pet involved. Sick Sick People! Now we are worried, that they might harm Maya.....To get rid of her, cause they have been threated that this is a Felony, and one these men are already wanted by the law. But who knows maybe were barking up the wrong tree, but I feel in my heart that they have or had Maya. It's just like a mother's intiuation (however you spell that). I wish if they still have her, they would just turn her loose for animal control to pick up, then she would be checked for a microchip, and BAM, she would of been found! WISHFUL THINKING!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.