German Shepherds Forum banner

STOLEN: German Shepherd female AL.TN

6K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  fourdogsrule 
#1 ·
LONG story, but the potential adopter of my dog has turned out to be a con. He said the dog was attacking other dogs and according to police reports, neighbors, and witnesses she has not killed (in case you read my earlier post on her). She could be anywhere in Northern Alabama or Southern TN. REWARD for any info leading to her return. Tattoo right ear N-I 2916. She has likely been sold.

See less See more
#3 ·
#7 ·
Still no luck on her....I keep holding out hope. PLEASE crosspost this to anywhere you think can help. Her name is Katja....and yes, she was the supposed "red zone" dog, she's actually a trained SchH1 who's a sweetie....she hates cats and doesn't tolerate all other female dogs with ease, but she is 6 years old so I figure she deserves to be set in her ways and MANY Alpha females won't tolerate another Alpha female. Thanks so much everyone!

#9 ·
I dare not judge anyone for decisions made out of love. Goodness knows we have all made decisions that we look back on with questions. But, IF this is the dog- aggressive biter- everyone needs to be extremely cautious and on the look out. Also, Nicole W, if you get your foster back, PLEASE consider humane euthanasia. It is so difficult, I realize, but, being in rescue, we have to prepare ourselves for these moments. I have been in your shoes and I remember what it felt like- the tears are flowing already. Please PM me if you need help or just need to vent. I promise to listen without being judgemental and I will support you no matter what.

You and Katja are in my prayers.

#11 ·
The deal is, I was told by the person who had supposedly adopted her that she was showing all this aggression....then I checked with the police departments, the guys neighbors, and all the people he said were involved and none of them had even met Katja.
The fight that happened here was my fault. I had her and my other Alpha female out together, alone with them, had not done a proper introduction, no leashes, no muzzles. My Alpha female, Heidi, went after her, she fought back. Many of the bites I sustained were from Heidi, I can't tell you how many each dog got, because it all happened fast, I was grabbing at both their muzzles, and it was just a mess...but the three worst bites I sustained were from Heidi. Heidi is aggressive with other Alpha females...I did not realize how much so until the fight. From my understanding of the breed, two Alpha females will often fight when put together...I was convinced I could make it work and I couldn't. Heidi is about 4 years old now and Katja is 6...they aren't puppies. Heidi attacked her and Katja did listen to commands to cease fighting, but Heidi didn't...every time I would get Katja settled down, Heidi would tear into her and it would start up again. How many SchH1 Alpha females show aggression to another Alpha female who is attacking them? I feel confident that most would. She did socialize well with male dogs with me, and well with a SUBMISSIVE female. I don't think a dog who fights back when being attacked needs to be put down just based on that.
If what the guy who has/had her had been telling me was true, I would have put her down. I have caught a lot of grief about this dog, people spreading rumors that I was trying to adopt out a "bad dog" who might injure children when I made the original post about her (you know who you are). I am very offended by that. I know my dog and I felt that the things this guy was saying was either not true or enviromental, because that is not how she behaved with me. I then checked the sources and it was all lies. It was claimed she killed a schnauzer who belonged to this guys neighbor and a lawsuit was filed. I contacted my attorney and this guy had been sued BEFORE he got Katja, I went door to door in his neighborhood asking if they had seen Katja, heard of her aggression, had a dog injured by her, or had owned a Schnauzer, and no one had seen Katja in a while, no one had owned a Schnauzer, and no one had a dog that had been involved in ANY altercation period. I called all area police departments (turns out this guy drifts from house to house in the same general area) and NOT ONE report of a problem of any sort with a German Shepherd in the time the guy has had Katja. Why the guy lied about this, I will never know, because, honestly, I was ready to put her down....then I find out she's missing and has done nothing. I hope all of you who are quick to think a dog needs to be put down checks out the stories and ensures they are true. Katja almost lost her life due to something she did not do...now who knows where she is, what she's going through, of if she's even alive. I also learned she was being kept on a chain, that this guy does not treat his dogs right, hardly feeds them, and all this bad stuff. I did do a home check and personal references on this guy...unfortunately, he gave me references who would lie for him and what he declared as his home was not even his house. I hope this nightmare ends with Katja being safe somewhere.

#12 ·
And a big, major THANK YOU to the people who have looked for Katja, cross posted, and/or kept her in your thoughts and prayers!!! She really is great dog who's had a very difficult life.

#14 ·
WOW- Nichole, you must be beside yourself. Now, I understand a little of what is going on. I don't know if you have done this, but what about posting LOST dog in your local, regional, and state newspapers. You never know what could happen. Some good person out there may remember seeing her. Also, you need to privately (I don't think you can name the guy on here) e-mail individuals and rescues to add this man to their DNA (Do Not Adopt) list. This might prevent him from getting another poor dog the same way.

Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Katja. I hope that she is safe and I don't judge you. You did your best to find her a wonderful home. Too bad we can't tell when someone is lying to us. And, I agree with you now about euthanasia. I was under the impression that she was viscious. Obviously, that is not the case.

Please update when you can or if you get more info on where she may be.

#15 ·
It appears that the guy who had her is now living in Dellrose, TN, another possibility is Rogersville, AL. I cannot find where he is keeping his dogs to see if I can find Katja.....I have traveled about 1000 miles now looking for her. She's a baby with her humans. She would actually pull my dirty laundry and sleep on my shirts on her nights that she slept downstairs while Heidi slept in my bedroom. Obviously, if I can just her home safely, this will be her forever home. I have to say, it is not looking good, but I will not give up on her. This has been such a learning experience for me...I want so badly to believe in the good in people, but people like this jerk make me realize that not everyone is what they claim to be....I wish it was me suffering for this mistake and not poor Katja. Thanks so much everyone, the thoughts and prayers mean so much to me. And thanks for not judging me. We all make mistakes and I made a horrible one with Katja....I only hope I can get her back home.

#16 ·
This is just HORRIBLE! Is there anything we can do here to help locate this guy or Katja?? He has OTHER dogs?? Did you have some type of contract with him that you could enforce? Or at least get the local police to find out where she is?

#17 ·
Yes, I do have a contract BUT that is doing me no good when I can't find her

He says he has kennels that are not at where he is currently staying. At two of the houses he bums around at, I went and there was no Katja. If anyone is willing to call him to inquire about the puppies he has for sale and see if they can find out the location of his dogs, I would GREATLY appreciate it. Please PM me if you are willing to do that. I do have papers saying she is mine since he has broken over half of the contract. Thanks so much everyone! Oh yeah, local police are no help because this guy basically floats from house to house staying a while. One officer who lived close to a house this guy rented temporarily helped me, but could never confirm or deny seeing my dog. Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.