German Shepherds Forum banner

7 Year old GSD wandered off -- Doggone dog

8K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  Susan_GSD_mom 
#1 ·
I have a 7 year old Rin Tin Tin look alike.

Yesterday morning after I let him outside for his usual routine, he wandered off around 8AM and haven't seen him since.

I took today off work and spend entire day driving, hiking and looking for my GSD Scooter. I live in a rural mountain area in eastern Tennessee with lots of small farms.

The neighbor down the hill has a bulldog named Lancaster that my Scooter likes to roam around with sometimes. I went to the neighbors house and the neighbor says Lancaster wanders off for sometimes 4 days before he comes back. I am wondering if Scooter would start this kind of behavior with his buddy.

I have left my information and dog description with neighbors within about 2 miles.

Anyone have this happen; and if so how did you find your dog or did he finally come back home??

I am growing gray hair at the moment, hoping the Sheriff or someone calls me!! :confused::(

See less See more
#32 ·
Hi Oz, still no luck eh.. So sorry to hear that, I was hoping that by now he was home. But, how is Maxwell doing? Did you make a fenced in area for him, hope so! :D

#33 ·
Hi D.

We know that someone has Scooter.
Gentleman that I have looking with his tracking dog is in progress....keeping this on the hush--hush, OK?

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Maxwell is doing so well; we are thrilled to have him.
He is in training and does basic commands and leash training is going well, but he is
distracted by other dogs. The kids on the block all like petting him and shaking hands with him; they say Maxwell is their favorite dog on the street :)
I will get some pictures up for everyone to see him; he does not stay still for very long so it will be a challenge to get some shots of him. Also, Maxwell has a 1 acre fenced in yard and a big memory foam bed to sleep on at night, actually he has a few beds
:)

I'll get an update soon as possible,
Oz & Maxwell

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.