German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Lost and Found (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/lost-found/)
-   -   GSD attacked, no owners have come forward (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/lost-found/400722-gsd-attacked-no-owners-have-come-forward.html)

GreenCo 01-23-2014 07:57 PM

GSD attacked, no owners have come forward
 
This happened today in Thorold, Ontario (Niagara) region. I will try and get an update on how he is doing. If anyone happens to be local and knows anything. I really hope this guy pulls through and if it's ever an option I'm considering adopting him.

Dog survives vicious attack | St. Catharines Standard

selzer 01-23-2014 08:11 PM

Poor guy, hope they find his owners and that he makes it. Just a pup.

mcdanfam 01-23-2014 08:17 PM

:-(( That makes me so sad!


Sent from Petguide.com Free App

misslesleedavis1 01-23-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenCo (Post 4892906)
This happened today in Thorold, Ontario (Niagara) region. I will try and get an update on how he is doing. If anyone happens to be local and knows anything. I really hope this guy pulls through and if it's ever an option I'm considering adopting him.

Dog survives vicious attack | St. Catharines Standard

I will post on my rescues page, the networking they do is amazing. If no owner comes forward, then by all means :) adopt away.

GreenCo 01-23-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misslesleedavis1 (Post 4893058)
I will post on my rescues page, the networking they do is amazing. If no owner comes forward, then by all means :) adopt away.

Thank you. I'm going to call the humane society tomorrow and see if they have an update. I live in the area so this hits close to home. I have been hearing coyote's even when I live in the city. I think the population has increased over the years. I wouldn't doubt for a second it wouldn't have been a coyote.

If he survives I'm going to see if I can possibly take him in. I worry the owners will not come forward as they will likely be hit with some expensive vet bills.

misslesleedavis1 01-23-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenCo (Post 4893090)
Thank you. I'm going to call the humane society tomorrow and see if they have an update. I live in the area so this hits close to home. I have been hearing coyote's even when I live in the city. I think the population has increased over the years. I wouldn't doubt for a second it wouldn't have been a coyote.

If he survives I'm going to see if I can possibly take him in. I worry the owners will not come forward as they will likely be hit with some expensive vet bills.

I have seen it happen alot, the E vet has a policy were owners are not allowed to leave the vets while there dog is in care. The bills keep mounting and people freak out and dont claim, i guess its easier to leave a dog were it will get the care it needs then not being able t afford the bills and having your dog get sick and die at home. I hope the owners do come forward, keep close tabs on him, if he goes to rescue PM me :)

FrankieC 01-23-2014 09:31 PM

Terrible :( Reading the comments, the locals seems to think it's Coyotes.

GreenCo 01-23-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankieC (Post 4893498)
Terrible :( Reading the comments, the locals seems to think it's Coyotes.

We have had Coyotes attack in the city so I'm sure that's the case. Where the pup was found is just outside of the city and If it was close to home, the area is nice so I'd think the owners would come forward. I doubt anyone would just dumb a pup like that. It's too bad he didn't have my guys Jake as his back up. Not sure what attacked it but he would have ended anything quick! I'm going to call tomorrow on the status and see if he might ever be up for adoption if owners are not coming forward. I have been thinking about getting a second male and to save this little guy would be so nice.

blackshep 01-24-2014 11:23 AM

It could just as easily been another dog that attacked it, there's no proof either way, only speculation.

Poor little guy, I hope someone comes for him. :(


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2