FOUND!! Female Sable GSD Missing Indianapolis Indiana - Page 7 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #61 (permalink)
Knighted Member

and exhale...I was so sad to read this (before revised), yet so thrilled to see those come together to create FB pages and lend support...I just scanned the "new posts"...and and in caps saw "FOUND"....and then I realized who and OMG, I have such a huge smile on my face for reading this and almost tears as I could only imagine how elated you must be....

We need an emoticon that does back flips...LOL

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #62 (permalink)
Elite Member

I am so glad you got her back!!!! Man, u never know what kind of ending to expect when a pet goes missing....thank goodness for this HAPPY ONE!!

Jackson- DDR/WGSL 5/5/10
Tinah vom Gildaf- DDR 4/29/13
PupperLove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post
We need an emoticon that does back flips...LOL

Chimanes Spice it Up Piquin (Kaynya) - Chinese Crested
Nator von Triton HIC CGC (Mauser) - LC GSD
Piquins Some Like it Hot (Spike) Chinese Crested
Piquins Too Hot To Handle - (Fuego) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Wasabi (Sabi) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Super Hot (Clark) - Chinese Crested
Banzai, Cloe, Mocha - Felines Extraordinaire
Neke, Tessa, Remi, Sadie, Riggs, Sasha, Tazer - DK, Mozart, Zoe - Gone but not forgotten
Lauri & The Gang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #64 (permalink)
Master Member

I might've missed it, but can you tell us how she was rescued, and how did the woman find you? What's the story behind her being saved and brought back to you? Just curious. Glad she was found!
PAW PAW Storm Shadow {male Siberian Husky}
Sir BEOWULF the Brave {male Sibe/Wolf}
counter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #65 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Oh man Im so glad for you and your baby girl. I had missed this thread but.

Lucky- GSD Rescue 2/16/2002
Thunder from the East: adopted 1/25/2013
Miss Chevy Cruz - adopted 1/25/2013
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #66 (permalink)
Lin
Knighted Member

Send a message via AIM to Lin Send a message via Yahoo to Lin

Sure. She came up missing thursday. She had been outside on a trolley line and my roommates didn't notice her missing, thought she was inside the dog house. I got home from a Drs appt and thought it strange that she wasn't already waiting for me to get her. I called her name expecting her to pop out of the dog house but nothing... Started to panic but she has slipped out of her collar before but not left the yard so I was expecting her to come from the back door of the house, or garage etc.... I found her collar laying on the ground still attached to the cable from the trolley but unbuckled. It had been on the tightest hole, so a long piece of leather that went through the buckle plus tucked in the D ring. And sitting on the ground in a completely clear area, not a tree or bush she could have rubbed against to have somehow unbuckled it on her own.

I've done loads of things to try to find her.. Let me know if you want me to give a list, may be useful for others in the same situation so I might put a list together.

The collar strangeness, unusualness of her leaving the yard, and her not being found after hours of driving around spiriling outward further and further I was positive someone picked her up. Terrified wondering if a good person or a bad person had picked her up. Was she purposefully set loose, or was she stolen...

Got a phone call a little after noon, the person said her cousin had found a dog in the area and it might be mine. We talked and she mentioned some things like her cousin saying something was wrong with the dogs eyes, so I thought it really sounds like Tessa! She facebook friended me so I could look up her cousin and message her. Meanwhile she sent her cousin a message. Then she called me back and asked if I had heard from the cousin yet, and said she had a photo of the dog her cousin found. We hung up and she texted me the photo, I replied THATS TESSA! I messaged the cousin again saying she definitely has my dog, while she called her cousin to say its definitely my dog please call me. The cousin calls me.

She had picked up Tessa about 2 blocks from my house yesterday. That means she was somewhere else Thursday, my guess picked up by someone. Again I don't know if it was a good person or someone who stole or was wanting to keep her. She either escaped (she can go to some crazy extremes trying to get back to me, she's gone through a (closed) window, nearly strangled herself breaking out of a crate, sailed over high fences...) or was let loose. I'm sure she was whining nonstop by then, possibly howling. And my ads may have been seen and it realized she has medical conditions and is 9 years old.

The first person I talked to ended up driving to go pick up Tessa since she was kind of far away, and met me at kroger where she was working this evening. She said Tessa had been whining nonstop in the car and while waiting, but went silent the second she saw me coming. The cousin who had picked up Tessa said on the phone she was planning to get her scanned for microchip some time today or tomorrow, but the networking brought her home sooner.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #67 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauri & The Gang View Post

Laurie...THAT is hilarious!!!
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #68 (permalink)
Lin
Knighted Member

Send a message via AIM to Lin Send a message via Yahoo to Lin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauri & The Gang View Post
If I was physically able, I totally would have been doing that when she was found
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.