German Shepherds Forum banner

FOUND!! Female Sable GSD Missing Indianapolis Indiana

11K views 67 replies 19 participants last post by  Lin 
#1 ·
Female Sable GSD Missing from Indianapolis Indiana 02/07/2013 REWARD

Either unbuckled collar by self to escape from trolley, or was taken. So no collar, but is microchipped. Unlike her to wander off. 9 years old, needs medications. Semi retired (due to health issues) service dog. Loves people and other animals, responds to the name Tessa. Has broken top right canine tooth, and enlarged bone beneath left hock due to growth plate injury as a pup. Trouble seeing well in the dark. Has separation anxiety, once broke a wire at the top of a crate to stick her head through and nearly strangle/hang herself.

If seen (even if you think you might have spotted her running around) please call or text (317) 721-4082 ANY TIME OF THE DAY. Email Lin171@gmail.com

I'm a wreck. I've spent all day looking for her. Driven around a few different times, went to animal control, left a flyer with animal control, stopped at multiple vets to leave information, called more vets, posted craigslist ad, signed up with 7 or so lost/found pets websites so far. Sent info to Indy Lost Pets. Suggestions for more welcome. Going to go to more vets tomorrow and plaster flyers around, as well as door to door with neighbors, only spoke with a few of them so far.

See less See more
#2 ·
Lin, so so sorry to read this! Do you have a fb page set up, I'd be happy to share there. I hope you get her back asap.

#4 ·
Link it back here when you do so, please!

#6 ·
What quadrant of Indy, Lin? Will post on my FB page as well!

#8 ·
Southside! But I'd say look for her anywhere..... I'm REALLY afraid someone tried to take her, I don't understand how she could get the collar unbuckled herself. She's no spring chicken and has some health issues plus the severe separation anxiety so hopefully if that happened they decide to return her for the reward!

I'm positive she's in someones house by now, since I drove around such a large area calling for her. So I hope if someone found her and took her in they get her scanned for microchip ASAP so I can get a call! I don't know how I'm going to get any sleep tonight, and I only got about 4 non consecutive hours last night. But the adrenaline won't stop.

#10 ·
I'm considering going to the media. I'm a very shy and private person, but god I'd do anything to get her back. Service dog belonging to young struggling disabled women goes missing... I think someone would bite.

I've run into way too many people who have made comments like "If I found a dog without a collar I'd just keep it" to relax for a minute...

#11 ·
I've asked Indy Pit Crew to share your IndyLostPetAlert page as well. That should get you a lot of connections- especially on the south side.

#16 ·
This all feels like a bad dream... I still keep opening the door and calling her name a few times pretty regularly. I'm finally starting to get sleepy but I don't want to sleep... I'm afraid if I do I won't be able to get up and do everything I need to do tomorrow. Which doesn't make sense, because its not like I'd be able to do it all without sleep! I did way more than my body can really handle today, but adrenaline or something kept me going. This all doesn't feel real, its too horrible to be real... Oh how I wish I could wake up from this...

I can't remember the last night I was apart from Tessa. The only times I can think of when we were apart overnight were times I was in the hospital.

#19 ·
I called the police last night, they weren't much help. With her having been a service dog she knows how automatic store doors work so I called asking if there had been any reports of a dog walking in to a store or anything like that, and also mentioned I thought she might have been stolen. They just told me to contact animal control and took a report over the phone about possibly being stolen.

My roommates say she usually whines when I'm gone, occasionally howls... Hopefully if she's been stolen she's safe but driving them crazy...

I haven't set up the facebook page yet but someone explained a little bit how to so thats gonna happen today. I'm working on more phone calls right now, then need to make another trip to animal control to check the stray kennels.

I'm also going to write up something to pass along to the media. I've been having a really rough time lately, and if it wasn't for the friends I'm currently staying with I'd be screwed and out on the street... Anyway, not stuff I like to share publicly but I think I'm a sorry enough case to get the media's attention when you put down my current struggling due to disability, and Tessa being my service dog. I'll share the nitty gritty details if it gets Tessa home safely.

I've had some helpful calls and emails today of people telling me they were passing the word out, suggesting things to do, or reporting seeing a dog (those ones all happened before Tessa went been missing though). Its nice to know so many are looking out for her. Though I got one call at 9:17 this morning from "unknown" that I couldn't hear at first, then said something about am I looking for a missing dog, then after I said yes it cut off or they hung up.... I couldn't call them back, their number must have been blocked. So I can't stop thinking about that call :(

#21 ·
Doesn't Rerun work with the police? I'm sure being good friends with her, you've already gone down that route. But being emotional from the disappearance of Tessa, maybe that's something you've overlooked. Just throwing ideas out there- hoping for the best for you!

(I have no idea what capacity Rerun works, maybe she couldn't be of help even if she wanted to. Just throwing it out there...)

#26 ·
Rerun used to be a police officer, isn't any longer. I did text her as soon as I found Tessa missing! We hadn't talked in a while but she replied immediately with suggestions.
Contact Mike Diehl. He is an Indy K9 officer.
How?
Lin, I got basic info and your flyer on the ADAP FB page and also my personal one and I'm asking contacts to share. Let me know if you need help with setting up a dedicated FB page just for her. Also keep in touch via messages over there.

Feel free to post any additional info and pictures on the ADAP page or on mine.

Keep me posted -- my email server is having problems right now so do not rely on that to contact me.
If you wanted to start setting up a FB you can, I haven't had a chance yet! There are TONS of vets in Indy... I started closeby and keep expanding out, a friend started far away from me faxing vets a flyer and is working towards me as I work out. I'm about to leave now though to check animal control again before they close.

I doubt the police would care about tracing a phone call, it could have been someone trying to help and the call dropped. Tracing a phone call is pretty serious, I wouldn't want mine traced for no reason. I honestly doubt they care that my dog was stolen, though the officer that took the report was polite and offered as many suggestions as she could. They didn't care when my car was broken into and loads of stuff stolen, again only took the report over the phone. There's too much serious crime for them to deal with.

#23 ·
Lin, I got basic info and your flyer on the ADAP FB page and also my personal one and I'm asking contacts to share. Let me know if you need help with setting up a dedicated FB page just for her. Also keep in touch via messages over there.

Feel free to post any additional info and pictures on the ADAP page or on mine.

Keep me posted -- my email server is having problems right now so do not rely on that to contact me.

#30 ·
Yes, Lin- all three links worked for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.