German Shepherds Forum banner

FOUND!! Female Sable GSD Missing Indianapolis Indiana

11K views 67 replies 19 participants last post by  Lin 
#1 ·
Female Sable GSD Missing from Indianapolis Indiana 02/07/2013 REWARD

Either unbuckled collar by self to escape from trolley, or was taken. So no collar, but is microchipped. Unlike her to wander off. 9 years old, needs medications. Semi retired (due to health issues) service dog. Loves people and other animals, responds to the name Tessa. Has broken top right canine tooth, and enlarged bone beneath left hock due to growth plate injury as a pup. Trouble seeing well in the dark. Has separation anxiety, once broke a wire at the top of a crate to stick her head through and nearly strangle/hang herself.

If seen (even if you think you might have spotted her running around) please call or text (317) 721-4082 ANY TIME OF THE DAY. Email Lin171@gmail.com

I'm a wreck. I've spent all day looking for her. Driven around a few different times, went to animal control, left a flyer with animal control, stopped at multiple vets to leave information, called more vets, posted craigslist ad, signed up with 7 or so lost/found pets websites so far. Sent info to Indy Lost Pets. Suggestions for more welcome. Going to go to more vets tomorrow and plaster flyers around, as well as door to door with neighbors, only spoke with a few of them so far.

See less See more
#57 ·
:groovy: I'm so happy for you, Lin! Take a much deserved nap with Tessa and sweet dreams!

#61 ·
and exhale...I was so sad to read this (before revised), yet so thrilled to see those come together to create FB pages and lend support...I just scanned the "new posts"...and and in caps saw "FOUND"....and then I realized who and OMG, I have such a huge smile on my face for reading this and almost tears as I could only imagine how elated you must be....

We need an emoticon that does back flips...LOL

:wub:

#66 ·
Sure. She came up missing thursday. She had been outside on a trolley line and my roommates didn't notice her missing, thought she was inside the dog house. I got home from a Drs appt and thought it strange that she wasn't already waiting for me to get her. I called her name expecting her to pop out of the dog house but nothing... Started to panic but she has slipped out of her collar before but not left the yard so I was expecting her to come from the back door of the house, or garage etc.... I found her collar laying on the ground still attached to the cable from the trolley but unbuckled. It had been on the tightest hole, so a long piece of leather that went through the buckle plus tucked in the D ring. And sitting on the ground in a completely clear area, not a tree or bush she could have rubbed against to have somehow unbuckled it on her own.

I've done loads of things to try to find her.. Let me know if you want me to give a list, may be useful for others in the same situation so I might put a list together.

The collar strangeness, unusualness of her leaving the yard, and her not being found after hours of driving around spiriling outward further and further I was positive someone picked her up. Terrified wondering if a good person or a bad person had picked her up. Was she purposefully set loose, or was she stolen...

Got a phone call a little after noon, the person said her cousin had found a dog in the area and it might be mine. We talked and she mentioned some things like her cousin saying something was wrong with the dogs eyes, so I thought it really sounds like Tessa! She facebook friended me so I could look up her cousin and message her. Meanwhile she sent her cousin a message. Then she called me back and asked if I had heard from the cousin yet, and said she had a photo of the dog her cousin found. We hung up and she texted me the photo, I replied THATS TESSA! I messaged the cousin again saying she definitely has my dog, while she called her cousin to say its definitely my dog please call me. The cousin calls me.

She had picked up Tessa about 2 blocks from my house yesterday. That means she was somewhere else Thursday, my guess picked up by someone. Again I don't know if it was a good person or someone who stole or was wanting to keep her. She either escaped (she can go to some crazy extremes trying to get back to me, she's gone through a (closed) window, nearly strangled herself breaking out of a crate, sailed over high fences...) or was let loose. I'm sure she was whining nonstop by then, possibly howling. And my ads may have been seen and it realized she has medical conditions and is 9 years old.

The first person I talked to ended up driving to go pick up Tessa since she was kind of far away, and met me at kroger where she was working this evening. She said Tessa had been whining nonstop in the car and while waiting, but went silent the second she saw me coming. The cousin who had picked up Tessa said on the phone she was planning to get her scanned for microchip some time today or tomorrow, but the networking brought her home sooner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.