German Shepherds Forum banner

FOUND!! Female Sable GSD Missing Indianapolis Indiana

11K views 67 replies 19 participants last post by  Lin 
#1 ·
Female Sable GSD Missing from Indianapolis Indiana 02/07/2013 REWARD

Either unbuckled collar by self to escape from trolley, or was taken. So no collar, but is microchipped. Unlike her to wander off. 9 years old, needs medications. Semi retired (due to health issues) service dog. Loves people and other animals, responds to the name Tessa. Has broken top right canine tooth, and enlarged bone beneath left hock due to growth plate injury as a pup. Trouble seeing well in the dark. Has separation anxiety, once broke a wire at the top of a crate to stick her head through and nearly strangle/hang herself.

If seen (even if you think you might have spotted her running around) please call or text (317) 721-4082 ANY TIME OF THE DAY. Email Lin171@gmail.com

I'm a wreck. I've spent all day looking for her. Driven around a few different times, went to animal control, left a flyer with animal control, stopped at multiple vets to leave information, called more vets, posted craigslist ad, signed up with 7 or so lost/found pets websites so far. Sent info to Indy Lost Pets. Suggestions for more welcome. Going to go to more vets tomorrow and plaster flyers around, as well as door to door with neighbors, only spoke with a few of them so far.

See less See more
#33 ·
I can't imagine how bad you feel right now. I am sharing, and if there is anything I can do to help please let me know. I can help with any website creation or facebook page creation/management... any images you need made, anything... just ask!

#35 ·
If anyone wants to set up a facebook group for me? I was thinking group as opposed to just a page because that way if anyone thinks they may have seen her they have the option of posting to the group as well as contacting me directly. You can use any/all the info from this thread, the facebook poster/alert.

I emailed Mike Diehl.

I just got home a little bit ago, doing some more stuff online but I think I may have to take a break soon if I can, my pain level is just crazy high (I have chronic pain.) I'm not usually up and out as much as I've been the last 2 days.

And I'm mostly running on a sugar high lol. I've eaten so many sweettarts my mouth is raw...

#36 ·
I'll set it up, pm me your username there and what you want the group to be named and I'll link it to you.

#38 ·
Lin, I made you an admin so you can have control! Hope Tessa comes home asap :fingerscrossed:

#40 ·
click the page, and hit share. I don't know how to make Tessa's photo show up instead of that paw though...if anyone knows please help! There are 4 admins right now so other people can be added faster when they send requests. Thats why I like doing a page over a group, w/ a page you just hit 'like' and its all good(instead of requesting being added).

#44 ·
I only make groups if I want to control the controls! Pages are easier to join/view. Lin, add your friends to the group too, I know that may help spread the word! I added as many as I knew that are in the surrounding states area.

#51 ·
Thank you everyone! The "campaign" to find her was amazing, the amount of people on the lookout or passing along the word. It was very comforting. I've never been through anything like this before, I can't say thanks enough to everyone that helped bring her home to me safely.

Your very lucky it don't turn out like that... That's
Turn out like what?

#50 ·
AWESOME!!! Happy ending!!

#54 ·
I said I was going to take a nap when we got home since I haven't slept the last few days... (I'd sleep for an hour, dream about Tessa and get back online for a while working again. Eventually try to sleep again, sleep an hour, dream about Tessa...)

Well, Tessa's taking that nap like nothing exciting is going on ;) I'm wired. Still notifying people that were looking for her :) on monday I have a LOT of vets to call again haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.