2 purbreds on my deck December 2010 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2 purbreds on my deck December 2010

On December 19, 2010 at 4:30 am, two purebred German Shepherds found their way to my back deck. I live in the suburbs of Washington DC. I am not familiar with how you describe the black and tan shepherds; I have two solid black Czech border patrol shepherds, a male and a female, and they were and are still not happy with the new arrivals.
They are both black and tan. The male is large, the female small. The vet approximated the male to be around a year old (in Dec 2010) and the female to be around six months, but that of course was just an estimate. The dogs had formed a bond and played well together, even though he is more than twice her size! I tried many names, and the male seemed comfortable with "King", but he could have just been tired of me trying. He is exceptionally well trained; she has always been a firecracker-I have never seen a dog jump so high! And she is faster than any of the other three and smart as a whip!
When they arrived, there was a light coat of snow on the ground, and it seemed as if someone had driven down the driveway, then walked the dogs to my back deck. Neither dog had a collar, but they were so-so groomed...but starving! They both have tatoos in their ears.
If these dogs ring a bell for anyone, please let me know-they are loving and quite a pair. I had her spayed b/c she went into heat a month after she arrived and was miserable. He is not fixed. They are both healthy, have their shots, have beautiful coats (now...but matted when they arrived, their coats were not good then). I estimate they had been outdoors on their own about 3 weeks.
At first I let them in the garage until I could figure out their condition and temperament. I think they both might have been abused b/c they wouldn't let me near them with bare hands. My daughter and I had to put on gardening gloves just to pet them, but that lasted only 3 or 4 days.
They have been here over a year, and I have been searching ads, but most of them say lost dog, but don't include pictures.
I am sorry this is rambling, but I thought I would try this site in hopes of finding the owner(s) of these wonderful dogs.
maggieDC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Couldn't you track the breeder by the tatoo? Sounds like if you have had them this long you have a new addition to the family. I'm glad they found someone willing to help them. Hope you can at least rehome them if they do not get along well with your other dogs.
SiegersMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

Call over to SV, UScA and WDA and look up the tats, or post this to the pedigree database German shepherd page.
GermanShepherds6800 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

I do not know what those organizations are. Can you give me an address? I tried to find a data base for the tatoos when they first arrived, to no avail. The places I contacted did not answer. Thanks for all of your help.
maggieDC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Verein für Deutsche Schäferhunde (SV) e.V.: Startseite United Schutzhund Clubs of America - For the German Shepherd Dog about

Good luck! If you want further help without publicly posting the tat numbers please feel free to contact me privately. Unfortunately many are being dumped these days because sales are down and the breeders can't afford to hang onto them that are using them to profit off of. Their ages could be because they were kept to see potential then they may have washed or owner could not keep and could not find anyone to re-home with. Hopefully the breeder was not the dumper and you can find the original breeders that are willing to take responsibility for them. Most follow a formula for the tat to help identify the dogs and kennels they came from. Many are also chipped as well as tat if you have not already checked.
GermanShepherds6800 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hi, I have a Facebook page for lost & found German Shepherds, I would love to help you find the owners of these 2 dogs. I have been searching for sites where you could enter the tattoo's and see if a missing post comes up. Please email me at abguffey@mtnwaves.net or contact me through the Facebook page, I'll add the link below. I also have a group of people that have a page for all lost & found pet in the DC metro area that are willing to help if you will contact me. Thank you A, Guffey
https://www.facebook.com/GermanShepherdLostFound
GSD lost & Found is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.