German Shepherds Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Found Two German Shepherd Pups in Topeka Kansas

6K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  wolfy dog 
#1 ·
Hello,
A friend of a friend found two German Shepherd pups yesterday in a field in Topeka, Kansas. They had taken shelter from the storm in an old speaker box in a lumber pile. They look to be about 8 or 10 weeks old. One is black and Tan and one is Solid black. They are both girls. Please contact me if anyone is missing these pups or would be interested in giving these pups a good home. We have no way of knowing their pedigrees of course but both are very good looking dogs and are definetly shepherds.
Thanks for reading!
Best,
A

#2 ·
OH poor girls. Are you or your friend caring for them in the meantime? I know someone in the Witchita area fairly connected in the GSD world...I will pass this on to her. Other than that though I have to avoid this thread, we are preparing to say goodbye to our Kaos and we got him from Topeka.....so I can not trust myself:wub: I will pass the info on though.

#3 ·
P.s. I have pictures

P.s. I have pictures of these pups if anybody is interested. I have trouble with posting pics on here but I can email them to somebody if interested.
Thanks!

#4 ·
Thank You Candice

Thank you candice. I am so sorry to hear about your grief. :-(
Yes, the gal who found them is caring for them.....poor babies. The storm here was so bad the other night....I can't help wondering if they just ran off scared from the thunder and got lost. I wish I could take them, but I have two already and keeping a pup from this litter coming next week. They are beautiful though, so if we don't find where they got lost from, I'm sure they will find good homes. Thanks for passing along and I hope it is okay, I will pray for your comfort.
Best,
April

#5 ·
Thank you candice. I am so sorry to hear about your grief. :-(
Yes, the gal who found them is caring for them.....poor babies. The storm here was so bad the other night....I can't help wondering if they just ran off scared from the thunder and got lost. I wish I could take them, but I have two already and keeping a pup from this litter coming next week. They are beautiful though, so if we don't find where they got lost from, I'm sure they will find good homes. Thanks for passing along and I hope it is okay, I will pray for your comfort.
Best,
April
Yeah I heard you all got hit hard. By the time it got here to St Louis it was much calmer. Still crazy loud though. I will let you know if I hear anything. Thank you for your prayers. Yes I lied, I am a glutton I can't stay away from puppy threads:wub:

#6 ·
lol. I guess I am a glutton too...it is the Mama in all of us. I believe that once you have a shepherd, you are hooked for life. Of course, I have baby chicks in the bathroom right now and baby lambs coming soon....I just can't resist the little ones! Prayers coming your way. Hang in there. :p

#8 ·
lol. I guess I am a glutton too...it is the Mama in all of us. I believe that once you have a shepherd, you are hooked for life. Of course, I have baby chicks in the bathroom right now and baby lambs coming soon....I just can't resist the little ones! Prayers coming your way. Hang in there. :p
Thanks April! OH baby lambs are so cute. I am a sucker....
I talked to my friend she is putting the word out if any one in that area has lost them. I just told my husband yesterday....I can't imagine not having a Shepherd running through my house...no offense to our Mastiff/GSD mix:D he is further proof I am a sucker!!! I will keep you updated and I am secretly glad you haven't learned how to post pics;)

#9 ·
I'm a sucker too! A couple of years ago I lived in the asphalt jungle and only dreamed of having farm animals and raising GSD's and being a "farm Woman" in Kansas of all places! But, here I am and glad for it. I'm glad too that their aren't pics to tempt you before you are ready.....
However, whenever you are ready, give me a shout and I will "hook you up", lol. Once a shepherd Mama, always a shepherd Mama! Much peace to you. I am fairly new to the forum.....been lurking awhile. It's really nice to chat with a woman after my own heart....thanks. :eek:

#13 ·
try posting notices at your local convenience stores, feed stores, veterinarians, and pet stores.

once 2 pointers came up into our yard, i posted notices everywhere, the onwer lived 25 miles away and had been searching near and far for them. she stopped to get gas, looked at the notice and broke into tears knowing her dogs were safe.

we met up the next day, she offered me a huge reward, i accepted only for a 20$ to cover the feed bill. happy ending to what could have been a very sad story.

#15 ·
UPDATE Pups have been placed in new homes

Thank you for all of your responses. I was not the one who found the pups so was not in control of how long or how their owners were found. I placed the "LOST" ad on this forumn in hopes of finding their owners but apparently did not and so the woman who did find the pups, found them good homes. Thank you again for all of your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.