Another stolen German Shepherd - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #21 (permalink)

Yes. I have been speaking with the handler. Dog is no worse for the wear and they have been laying on the bed watching TV
www.nndda.org, Certifying official all fields
www.k9trainingcenters.com
ladylaw203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
Crowned Member

The dog’s identity was confirmed by his handler, Chris Day, and was immediately returned to his custody. No further investigation will be conducted by the Bartow County Sheriff’s Office
^^Taken from the update linked above^^
I sure hope the bolded type is not true! Whoever took Riki should be held responsible.
onyx'girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
The dog’s identity was confirmed by his handler, Chris Day, and was immediately returned to his custody. No further investigation will be conducted by the Bartow County Sheriff’s Office
^^Taken from the update linked above^^
I sure hope the bolded type is not true! Whoever took Riki should be held responsible.
I thought I read that the officer would not persue anything if the dog is returned. If they actually made that statement, they should not go against it.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Why not? Criminals don't play fair....there is no way I could just let that go if I was in LE. It's in their bones to investigate. The officer doesn't have to be the one investigating, his buddies on the force could.
onyx'girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I do not agree with cops lying to criminals to get them to confess. When someone says something it should be the truth. Let's say the dog was returned by the thief and the cart him off to jail after very publicly stating they would not go after the people if the dog is returned. So this yayhoo gets charged with grand theft, the guy gets probation because while the price of the dog might make it a felony, they returned the dog alive and well, it is just a dog after all. The guy gets off, not exactly scott free, but he gets off.

The next dude that is dumb enough to steal a police officer's dog, will listen to the plea that the dog be returned and they will not persue the matter. He will have heard of this, and he will take the dog to the nearest hunting area and dump the dog or kill the dog, because no way is he going to believe that the cops will not go after him.

If the police said they would do something, they should do it. I did not read the newer articles though, so I am not sure how the dog was returned, why he was scratched up. Whether a human being returned the dog, or if they dumped him off.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #26 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I am glad he was found and is home safe.
-Pippa Von Neurotic Butt- GSD
-Tessa- 11yo GSD- Waiting at the Bridge. RIP sweet girl.
DharmasMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #27 (permalink)

Default GSD in shelter in Columbus County NC

There is a gorgeous GSD marked as a stray in a shelter in NC, and can be euthanized this week. Everyone is remarking how well cared for she is and not at all like a stray. I am just posting here in case she was actually stolen and then dumped.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
alsatian5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #28 (permalink)
Elite Member

Alsatian5, please post this in the URGENT RESCUE forum -- it's much more likely to be noticed by regional rescues and potential adopters there.
Magwart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
I do not agree with cops lying to criminals to get them to confess. When someone says something it should be the truth. Let's say the dog was returned by the thief and the cart him off to jail after very publicly stating they would not go after the people if the dog is returned. So this yayhoo gets charged with grand theft, the guy gets probation because while the price of the dog might make it a felony, they returned the dog alive and well, it is just a dog after all. The guy gets off, not exactly scott free, but he gets off.

The next dude that is dumb enough to steal a police officer's dog, will listen to the plea that the dog be returned and they will not persue the matter. He will have heard of this, and he will take the dog to the nearest hunting area and dump the dog or kill the dog, because no way is he going to believe that the cops will not go after him.

If the police said they would do something, they should do it. I did not read the newer articles though, so I am not sure how the dog was returned, why he was scratched up. Whether a human being returned the dog, or if they dumped him off.
I agree, however the thief may have warrants for other "activities" that would allow the police to arrest him/her and still keep their word.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.