German Shepherds Forum banner

Another stolen German Shepherd

6K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  Nigel 
#1 ·
I am reposting below. :(
NOT my dog. A Georgia k9 officer

Wall Photos
‎*************PLEASE READ************
This morning my K9 partner Riki went missi...ng from my home. His kennel door had been opened from the outside. He was taken from the Center Road area in Cartersville GA. He is a very friendly people dog and I had only had him for 2 days. If anyone knows where he is please call me at 678-956-0501, I am not even concerned with filling charges if the person will just return him to his home! Please everyone repost this and get the word out. This is killing me worrying about where he is and if he is ok. He is a sable colored German Shepheard and weights about 70lbs. He does not have the normal German Shepherd colors he's mostly sable. PLEASE call me if you have any information!!

See less See more
#7 ·
#14 ·
Hate to say this but, since you only had him 2 days I wouldn't rule out your neighbors....
This happened years ago to a friend of mine. Her show dog and stud went missing.. she searched and searched - advertised rewards etc. Turns out a neighbor stole him because she wanted him. She was taking him outside only after dark so she wouldn't be seen...

Apparently people in the neighborhood knew she had stolen the dog! In spite of the reward and knowing what the dog meant to my friend they did nothing. Appalling!!!

Karen

#18 ·
Glad he is back where he belongs. All we need is people so dumb they steal a K9 from a police officer, having a police dog. Ya really do need to be just a little smarter than the dog.

#22 ·
The dog’s identity was confirmed by his handler, Chris Day, and was immediately returned to his custody. No further investigation will be conducted by the Bartow County Sheriff’s Office
^^Taken from the update linked above^^
I sure hope the bolded type is not true! Whoever took Riki should be held responsible.

#24 ·
Why not? Criminals don't play fair....there is no way I could just let that go if I was in LE. It's in their bones to investigate. The officer doesn't have to be the one investigating, his buddies on the force could.

#25 ·
I do not agree with cops lying to criminals to get them to confess. When someone says something it should be the truth. Let's say the dog was returned by the thief and the cart him off to jail after very publicly stating they would not go after the people if the dog is returned. So this yayhoo gets charged with grand theft, the guy gets probation because while the price of the dog might make it a felony, they returned the dog alive and well, it is just a dog after all. The guy gets off, not exactly scott free, but he gets off.

The next dude that is dumb enough to steal a police officer's dog, will listen to the plea that the dog be returned and they will not persue the matter. He will have heard of this, and he will take the dog to the nearest hunting area and dump the dog or kill the dog, because no way is he going to believe that the cops will not go after him.

If the police said they would do something, they should do it. I did not read the newer articles though, so I am not sure how the dog was returned, why he was scratched up. Whether a human being returned the dog, or if they dumped him off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.