German Shepherds Forum banner

Found two female GSDs Houston TX

4K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  Lilie 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Oh, they look very sweet! And young as well. Make sure you notify your local animal control that they have been found.

Be sure to ask about your local laws. Most counties have a certain period of time where you can't legally do anything with them. For instance, if I were to find a dog running loose here in my county, I would have to wait 30 days before I could find it a new home, even though animal control here has to wait only 7 days before they can put a stray up for adoption.

If nobody claims them, your best bet would be to contact a local or regional German Shepherd rescue and ask if they can do a courtesy posting for you. That way these two girls will have the best exposure to potential adopters. Please make sure they get spayed prior to being placed (you can make the spay cost the adoption fee). That way they won't end up being used as puppy machines.

Good luck!
Sheilah

#6 ·
I live in the Pearland area. If you need temporary help fostering them until the rescue can home them, let me know.

I certainly can't thank you enough for trying to find them homes and not taking them to the Human Society!

#13 ·
I live in the Pearland area. If you need temporary help fostering them until the rescue can home them, let me know.

I certainly can't thank you enough for trying to find them homes and not taking them to the Human Society!
I never heard a reply from my offer. I assumed they no longer visit this site.

#14 · (Edited)
Did you find the "found" ad on craigslist? Maybe that is the best way to contact these people since they didn't post any contact info. I hope you get them back. :(
Jax, the OP never posted a "Found" craigslist ad. I think they just checked for the missing/lost ads.

I think the "owner's" best bet is to call AC, local rescues and contact the area rescues as well as area vets. Sounded like the folks who found the dogs took them to a vet and checked for microchips and had them HW tested. The OP also stated he had a number from his vet for helping him rehome the dogs.

#16 ·
Yes, I know that's what you were asking.

I'm letting you know that no "found" ad was posted. At least not one in the Houston area. I checked the "found" ads posted since 8/6. No found ads were posted for two female german shepherds. Of course, if one had been posted, maybe it had been deleted? :thinking: I don't know.

Ah, I think there may be a disconnect between us. It looks like two different threads may have been combined?

#22 ·
Excellent suggestion Jean. Looks like they last logged on, on 8-13 at 1pm. They just might come back and check again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.