German Shepherds Forum banner

Koda Got Loose - Lost M, Sable, Neutered

5K views 43 replies 28 participants last post by  Pattycakes 
#1 ·
I don't know where else to turn, my Koda saw something and got free from my grip while on our walk tonight. If anyone in AZ can help, I need it, please. I put an ad on CL, I'm making flyers after this. He has his collar and leash attached to him, they're matching with a "Tetris" looking pattern, red/white/black. If there are any Rescues that can help spread the word I would be eternally grateful. I'm in shock right now, I just want him home safely. I think you guys all know what he looks like, but if not, please look at the album in my profile. If anyone in AZ finds him or has information, please call me anytime day or night. I'll PM my phone number to anyone who needs it.

#2 ·
melina, i'm so sorry! I hope you find him!

#3 ·
Where did you lose him? What city/town?
Good Luck!

Do they have a pet Amber Alert there?

#5 ·
Is he microchipped? If so alert the company.

Check with your local animal control/shelters regularly, and IN PERSON. If he is missing for a few days make sure to check every day. Don't bother calling to ask, frequently you can be told "no, no orange cats" and then go in person and find 3 orange cats in stray hold (real life example here from when my cat Leo got out.)

#7 ·
Oh no! I hope you find him soon, sending positive vibes your way.

#10 ·
Ditto what Lin said: visit all your shelters in person and often. Don't just ask, walk through.

Signs. Signs. And more signs. Reach out to local rescues. Put food and a blanket that smells like him out to draw him in. Look into renting a trap. Be outside playing with Riley alot to attract him to you.

I feel for you. We've been searching for a missing foster for over a week. We heard nothing until we got out LOTS more signs are getting calls daily now.

#11 ·
I've been up all night. No phone calls yet. I'm hoping someone found him, took him in, and is waiting to call until the sun is up. I'm praying he didn't get hit by a car. I don't know what to do with myself right now. I made flyers and put some up as well.

He's not chipped, unfortunately, that's something I had been meaning to do and am now seriously regretting not having done. I'm just grateful he has his tags on him as some mode of contact. It's better than nothing at all I guess.

To those in AZ: I live around 67th Ave. and Happy Valley area.

#12 ·
Check shelters, Vets, any pet stores in your area, tell animal control, go by the police station and inform them, go to buisnesses in your area, post on craigslist, post in the paper, make signs, check houses in your area and dont lose hope!

#18 ·
go by the police station and inform them,
Forgot about this, notify the police as well. Logan got out one time and it was through the police that I found him. We were talking to an officer, when a call came out that a GSD was walking around in walmart! The officer told myself and my roommate, and we raced to the walmart and ran into the employee that had Logan. This happened after a bath and he wasn't wearing his collar, without this I wouldn't have gotten him back until morning as she said she would be checking for a chip then.

ETA: well nevermind!!! So glad you've got him!!

#13 ·
Have you tried driving in the area that he got away in? I know if dogs love car rides sometimes the sound of your car will bring him in. My mom used to do this when her dog got loose, worked everytime!

#15 ·
I found him!!!!!! I went out to put up more flyers around near where he got away from me last night, drove around a corner, and did a double take. He was sitting in someone's front yard. I stopped the car, yelled his name, and he came right for me with his ears back like, "I'm sorry, Mom, I didn't mean to scare you".

Thanks everyone who gave me advice and support, it's been a horrible night. He was all wet, I'm betting he ran through the sprinklers last night. I'm about to go give him a bath.

Again, thank you all. Not that I ever want this to happen again, but I'm getting him chipped ASAP just in case.

#16 ·
I'm so happy you were able to find him wet but safe and sound!

#24 ·
Very happy for you. Glad it happened so quickly and he's OK.
Been there and know the feeling.

#25 ·
:happyboogie::groovy::happyboogie: Great news, I bet Koda was sitting there thinking "Where did my mom run off to". Thankful for the happy ending. :)

#26 ·
thank god you found him!!! thats great news!!! breathing a little easier now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.