German Shepherds Forum banner

LOST - black/red female GSD in Plano, TX

4K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  KatieStanley 
#1 ·
Hello all -

My fiance and I left our 18 month old German Shepherd with our parents when we left for our ski vacation. Yesterday evening around 10pm she escaped from the backyard in which the gate had been left open. She was last seen near Custer and Spring Creek in Plano, TX. We suspect she may have headed towards our house which is off of Bethany and Greenville in Allen, TX. She was wearing a pink and green collar with a tag, and she is also microchipped. She goes by the name of Kali, is black/red in color, and weighs around 70 pounds.

Our parents have been posting signs everywhere and contacting the various Animal Shelters, but I thought I would post on here also.

If anyone in the North DFW area sees her, please please please contact me (Nikki) at 214-213-6807 or email me at nicola49830@yahoo.com.

I am absolutely sick about this and am looking to take a flight home this afternoon to help search.

Here's a few recent pictures of her:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
So sorry, you must be going out of your mind with worry. Definately call the microchip company and report her lost. They will also send out emails to all of their members in your area so more people will be on the look out for her. I know HomeAgain does this(not sure if that is your microchip brand or not). Good Luck!

#4 ·
I will keep my eye out for her here in South Texas. I'll also notify my vet as well as friends that work for vets.

#6 ·
Oh my gosh I know you are heart sick. I go to Custer Road Methodist Church and was there this morning which is right in the area you said she was last seen. I did not see any gsd's coming or going from that area today (and I certainly would have notice a gsd). That's a good area so hopefully someone will 'catch' her and call. I would also notify animal control in case they pick her up. Keep us posted!

#7 ·
Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I've filed a report with AVID - thanks for that tip. We got a phone call from someone who saw her on Spring Creek heading towards Independence (for those in the North Dallas area). I will keep you updated. Thanks again.

#9 ·
i was back in the area this afternoon visiting a friend so I drove around a bit looking. I saw a man putting a sign up and stopped, it was your future father in law. He said they have looked for hours and so far no luck. I didn't think to ask if he had put a sign up at the dogpark since it is right in that area. You might check and if he hasn't that would be a good spot. Hoping to hear good news soon.

#10 ·
Eeeeeeekkkk!!! My father in law just called and said that Kali returned to their house! She was last seen at a park a mile away according to someone who had sited her. My father in law took Noah and his dog Dollar on a walk to the park and back home. Less then an hour later Kali was scratching at the door - not a scratch on her, coat clean as can be. What a relief! Thank you for everyone's concern :) :)

#16 ·
Oh my goodness! I was also holding my breath as I read this. So very glad you have her back. Smart girl indeed!

#18 ·
so glad this is a happy ending;))

#20 ·
Thank you guys so much! This forum is so supportive! Smart, naughty girl she is :wub:

Carla - Thanks so much for looking for her - that was so kind of you. My FIL was stressed beyond belief and felt so unnecessarily guilty. Poor thing, I am happy we will have a much less stressful day, and we can actually leave the condo today! Peak 8 here we come. :D

#23 ·
I am glad she returned.

I wonder if taking the dogs for a walk helped. GSDs are very scent oriented. She may have lost her way, but smelling the dogs that she KNEW, and following that home, might be you have a little tracking dog there.

So scarey when you have a youngster missing.

Arwen was her age when she was gone for 19 days and I found her in the next county about 45 miles away. She had been nailed by a skunk during her excapade. I figure she went straight north until she hit Lake Erie, and then hung a left and kept going. She was found in view of the lake.

Anyhow, glad your girl was found quicker and not hurt at all.

Remember to notify the company that the dog has been found and take down all the fliers.

#25 ·
Thanks so much for everyone's well wishes! I was reunited with her on Sunday, and I think we were equally excited to see one another. Naughty girl :wub:

Selzer - I definitely agree with your thoughts on her tracking her way back home. And she certainly seems to enjoy it ..hmmm

I think all the signs have been taken down..there were SO many, and so many people (even strangers) offered to help. There is still so much good in the world :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.