German Shepherds Forum banner

Lost German Shepherd in Ohio *Please Help & Pray*

5K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  Anja1Blue 
#1 ·
I'm writing this in hopes of finding my mother's German shepherd "Viess."
Frday April 9th my mother died from cancer with her faithful companion right at her side. This dog meant everything to my mom. Sadly the next day Viess was so upset my nephew went to put her in the car to take her to my mom's house to comfort her and she ran away. She ran through downtown Willoughby, my mother lived in North Willoughby. Also for the past 6 weeks Viess and my mother stayed here with me in Chardon. I am sure she is searching for my mother but may be confused which house to go to. If you are a rescue person please keep your eyes out for her while you are out helping other animals. She does have her Lake county current license along with her rabies tags. I am hopeful she will turn up. Even if she has been hit by a car I just need to know. Please help and watch out for her wherever you are. She is shy and timid with strangers so she may be hiding in the woods.

She is 9 years old, approx. 72 pounds. The one thing that will tell you if this is Viess is her right ear - it is crooked and deformed due to an ear infection that she had when she was a puppy. See picture attached.

Please contact me at (440)796-2523 Jennifer
or my sister Cathy (440) -384-0062
There is a reward for her return.

Thank you in advance for any help/sightings or information for helping us.

See less See more
#27 ·
Oh no... I'm so sorry, Jennifer - for all you've been through in such a short amount of time.
I was so hoping and praying that she'd be found safe. She was a beautiful girl. (And I'm with Jean - please consider yourself more than welcome to stick around.)

#31 ·
My sorrow too. What a horrible turn. The only thing that can come out of that is there was someone to meet her at the Rainbow Bridge....your mom.

Again, I am so sorry for the hurt you must feel.

Come and stay a while any time.

#32 ·
I just caught up with this thread. Jennifer I am so very sorry to hear of your double loss. Viess wasn't meant to stay here without your Mom is my guess........I can understand how devastated you must feel, I lost my Mom and Dad and two other people dear to me within an 8 month period, so I can appreciate that this is a very difficult time for you. Here's a hug for you :hug: from me and my two guys. I hope that you will continue to come and visit us here on the board when you have had time to recover from this very sad time. RIP to your Mom and her loving, faithful friend.....

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.