German Shepherds Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FOUND! Male German Shepherd

12K views 98 replies 31 participants last post by  Jax08 
#1 ·
Lost male German Shepherd Puppy. He was last seen in the area of Shook road and I-94 on the outskirts of Detroit last night on the 20th of March. He is 10 months old, and is a very dark colored boy that goes by the name Brix. Recently had surgery on his leg (Leg is partially shaved) and needs medical attention. He is not neutered and has no collar. Please help us find him. He is in unfamilar territory. Please call animal control if you spot him, and Please call this number 586-630-0315 or this number 269-561-8474 and give us the location where he was spotted. You can also email us at kelly@boeselagerkennels.com This is Very important that he is found. He is very much loved and missed. There will be a reward if he is found. I'm having trouble putting a picture of him on here, so PLEASE email me if you can put a picture or 2 on here, and/or if you would personally like to have a picture.

#61 ·
Hello everybody,
I think everybody needs an explanation what happened. Coming home from picking up Brix, stopped at at gas station to get gas, went inside to pay kids opened door to truck, he bolted.

I know "I" made a mistake and almost lost Brix. I did not lock my truck... I have also had pain for 3 days not finding him. Anybody can check, Clinton Township, Macomb County Sheriff's dept. Animal Rescue (Macomb Co., MI) My neighborhood people who also were helping. We got him back. Thank God also..

I'm writing this to say, I been called everything from some people. "I" made the mistake, please let it rest.

He's bonding good with my wife and I, our other German Shepherd and my two little Shih-Tzu's. He will have a beautiful life with us. Brix has had a bad start in life, but I will try to give him the best care possible.

He is healthy. Pictures will be coming.

Thank you all that helped. May God Bless...

Fred

#64 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yes Fred I know everyone needs to hear the truth with what happened to Brix, even his breeder. A LOT of people invested in Brix with a LOT of LOVE b/c of the surgery that was needed for his leg, so they all deserve to know the truth.

I had my heart ripped out of my chest when I was told that 2 kids opened up the truck to look at Brix and he bolted. I was told this at around 10:15-10:30 PM Saturday night. I live 3 1/2, almost 4 hours away, and I was going there to look for him. I called your wife Sunday and said we were coming up, and asked if we can pick you up to show us where he was last spotted, and help us in the search, since we knew nothing about Detroit etc. We passed out flyers to businesses, factory's, etc looking for Brix. Thank God for GPS. We went to Clinton township police department and Macomb sheriff. We also went to 2 animal shelters, and Macomb was 1 of them. We drove a total of 7-8 hours (each day) 3 day's in a row trying to find Brix. Neither one of us were sleeping or eating, and I was getting migraines over this whole ordeal. We went to Macomb animal shelter and put up a flyer, kept on them and told them the area where he was last spotted. Thank God for Macomb ACO for capturing him and taking him to the shelter. I will tell you that this whole thing has taken a HUGE toll on my mom, myself, and all the people that invested into making Brix better with his leg surgery.

If anyone knows me, I take all my dog's/puppies to heart and care for each 1 of them deeply, whether their mine or not any more. Please do not get me wrong, I'm thrilled Brix is off of the (bad side of town) streets, and he was only 1-1 1/2 miles away from his new home.

*This post has been edited by Admin*

#62 ·
Just glad you got him.

If everyone who ever made a mistake with their dog, child, selves, other loved one, lost them forever...would there even be anyone left? I know I wouldn't have survived college!

I met with a couple of people from this board to walk our dogs. I brought 4 of mine, and things were great. One of the four was Annalise, who has real fear issues, and no formal obedience (we're going to try some this year - she shuts down immediately but we'll see). Anyway, we are walking along and I glance down...Anna's leash had slid out of my hand (holding 4 and checking them, but mistake/accident). I almost :poop: ed my pants. I did freeze...because movements toward her can startle her and make her run. Luckily, because I had the other 3 with me, she didn't want to move away and I was able to grab the leash...could have been a very different outcome.

That's just one example! So glad you have Brix with you and looking forward to pictures!

#63 · (Edited by Moderator)
I totally agree yes Fred made a mistake and didn't lock his doors to the truck, but there are many times I stop and get gas and do the same thing and have been lucky that someone didn't do the same as they would get a big surprise from the dog in the truck. I think Fred has gone thru a long learning experience and was man enough to admit his mistakes.

*edited by Admin*
Fred and Linda have gone thru a rough weekend last week with Brix getting away from Fred, And members here need to remember that we are not perfect and do make mistakes. But the main thing is that we learn from them

#69 ·
Just to set the record straight and blunt any possible ganging up on Kelly - I know of no other breeder that cares for their adult dogs and puppies like Kelly. (except for sweet little old me):crazy:

I've also never known her to say or post anything that she was unsure of. In other words, "the girl don't lie." If I were looking to buy a dog, she would be my very FIRST choice...hands down.

The fact that she would make 3 successive 7-hour trips to help find Brix speaks volumes for her compassion, caring and integrity.
:cool:

#72 · (Edited by Moderator)
I want to say that Kelly is very compassionate person and I would never question her love to dogs. When I was in trouble with Yana she was one of very few who was ready to help as much as she could.

Kelly, I'm sorry I haven't followed Brix story until now, I am very sorry. I understand like no one what it means to come up with over 3K overnight, and also how difficult it is to care after a dog AFTER surgery. I can only imagine how heartbroken you were to hear the horrible news that he was lost.

#76 ·
Phew!!! What a stressful ordeal for all involved but with happy ending how fantastic!! May I ask what a happened to his leg why he had surgery?

#79 ·
I wonder why Admin doesn't have the balls to just lock the thread instead of showing their immaturity by wholesale editing, even of posts that are not offensive in any way. Sheesh. I thought this stuff went on in totalitarian regimes. I can understand having to meet corporate standards, but even corporations don't act like this.

Everyone that's reading this thread already knows the people involved, so to see their names removed is stupid and childish.

Just lock the freaking thread and be done with it. Stop insulting the intelligence of your members.

#80 ·
I wonder why Admin doesn't have the balls to just lock the thread instead of showing their immaturity by wholesale editing, even of posts that are not offensive in any way.
The Admins and Moderators follow the RULES.

They do not close threads that don't need to be closed but they DO remove anything that violates the board RULES.

Further, if you need to discuss a particular dog or person please do so privately. Disagreements between breeder and purchaser, along with disputes between members, are not matters for public debate and likewise also should be handled privately. Members of this board are entitled to a reasonable standard of behavior from other members. A level of respect and courtesy must be maintained at all times, no exceptions.

I would suggest you reread the rules and if you feel that they are too 'totalitarian' for you then you might want to find another board to post on.

Oh, by the way ...

Rule #5. Do not use defamatory statements or statements that attack the character of another;

#83 ·
I’m not really sure that I need to give an explanation but since this seems to be targeted at me I will. I’m going to try and take the “high road” on this one since you seem to be very new here Spence.

I think Lauri gave a pretty good explanation of how we do things and why we edit sometimes without locking. I’ll just go a little further into that and say that if we think editing a thread without closing it will bring the thread around that is what we’ll do. To me locking a thread is the second to last resort (deleting being a last resort).

This has been our policy for many years. There is nothing new here. Members should know and understand that if they make posts that violate our rules that their posts will very likely be edited or deleted.

#87 ·
People go unpunished all the time. They choose who they want to punish, usually it's the people that attack them. They are the "Boss" so shape up or get out, that's what I am hearing. BEHAVE PEOPLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.